Issue using ToneX One with ToneX Software

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9960
    Chuffola said:
    I got one but 2 hours of faffing with the worst software ever made and I returned it. Agree it sounds great but who has the energy for the software torture?
    Have to agree sadly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1196
    edited July 31
    IK Multimedia has their own way of doing things. Once you get your head around their methods and quirks it's really easy to use. When I first got mine I was on the verge of lobbing it out of the window as it was very frustrating getting things to work. But having got past that I can honestly say its worth the time to get to know it, as the sounds available are top tier as far as digital is concerned.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4957
    The Tonex software environment is awful to get to grips with. But the original Tonex Pedal is really good.

I've bought three sets of paid captures from Amalgam (Bartel Roseland, Tone King Imperial and Marshall JCM800) and they're all excellent to play through and give me the best digital amp sounds I've ever had. Still haven't tried Fractal, Kemper or QC, mind. I've loaded them all up onto the pedal and use MIDI to load the preset I want. I'm editing presets on the pedal to taste, and then (reluctantly) going back to the software to get them backed up. Most preset edits are adjustments to gain, EQ or compression.

I tried auditioning captures on the computer and transferring them to the pedal, but they never sounded the same, so I decided to audition them purely on the pedal - which is where I'll be playing them. It's long-winded, and not so easy for Tonex One users, but it works for me with the Tonex Pedal.

Editing directly on the pedal would be a big step forward for my particular usage. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ArjailerArjailer Frets: 105
    I was completely baffled by the software at first, but I spent a couple of hours watching tutorial videos and (call me old fashioned) reading the manual, and it made a lot more sense after that. The software's still shite, but hardly an insurmountable hurdle.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom