Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Classic Songs you can no longer listen to

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10411
    I'm struggling with Shaddap Your Face at the minute.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Candle in the wind. Since the Diana version. Was a great song once.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73055
    It still is. Just ignore the Diana version.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    You could say that about all these songs. They're still great. We just create associations in our heads. On Candle, for me, it's Elton being all teary at the piano.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    November rain.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31940

SCOM?
  • vizviz Frets: 10773
    Sweet child.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31940
    Ah, thanks.
  • At the risk of having a contract put out on my life:  A heck of a lot of AC/DC songs.  I used to love a lot of them but I have heard them enough for one lifetime.  Oh, and everything listed so far.  This is why I listen to audiobooks at my day job driving a truck, classic rock radio has overkilled many songs for me. 

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sweet Child..is the obvious choice. In fact, I'd say most of that album too. An absolute classic, one of my fave of all time, but I've pretty much killed it with the number of times I've listened to it.
    Also Motorcycle Emptiness and A Design for Life...but maybe they were just a bit trite to start off with.
    I love Simple Minds but i can't listen to Alive and Kicking.

• Moved to music...
    <space for hire>
  • At the risk of having a contract put out on my life:  A heck of a lot of AC/DC songs.  I used to love a lot of them but I have heard them enough for one lifetime.  Oh, and everything listed so far.  This is why I listen to audiobooks at my day job driving a truck, classic rock radio has overkilled many songs for me. 
    Didn;t AC/DC only write one song. They're like the biggest one hit wonders ever but I agree it's pretty shit, if we're in that territory i'd rather listen to this:

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    God Only Knows by The Beach Boys - I'm sick of it! :D
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11431
    I think they'd have to extend the internet a bit to find space for my choices, but here's the creme de la bog-bowl.

Bohemian Rhapsody - a piece of overblown tosh by the John Lewis of rock - never knowingly under-over-dubbed. I liked it the first time I heard it, every successive hearing reduced that pleasure. It's almost homepoathic now, I don't even need to hear it to be irritated by it.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23630
    There are lots of so called "classics" I've never liked, but I can't think of anything I once liked but can't stand now.

I guess sometimes when a band goes downhill it puts me off listening to their old stuff (Aerosmith spring to mind).  But when I actually do listen to the old stuff I still like it.

• The La's - There she goes gets skipped everytime I listen to one of my favourite albums