Monty's Guitars pickups opinions?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1436
    edited September 19
    I’ve only tried Monty’s PAFs and really like them, they have that fat Tele thing going on and the midrange sits just where I want it to.

Otherwise, based on your description of what you are after, it might be worth your while investigating the Oil City Deep Six. No idea what it sounds like but Ash’s description of it generally matches what you say you are looking for @Loobs ;;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bungle1Bungle1 Frets: 137
    I've had a few different sets of PAF-types in my main 335 over the years, and in all honesty I'd have been as well sticking with the original Classic 57s...until I got my Monty's PAFs. They're absolutely outstanding. I like them considerably more than I liked the Bare Knuckle Stormy Mondays in that guitar. I did like the BKs but the Monty's were more of everything I was looking for.
    Did you go for the standard or the underwound for the 335 out of interest?
  • Bungle1 said:
    I've had a few different sets of PAF-types in my main 335 over the years, and in all honesty I'd have been as well sticking with the original Classic 57s...until I got my Monty's PAFs. They're absolutely outstanding. I like them considerably more than I liked the Bare Knuckle Stormy Mondays in that guitar. I did like the BKs but the Monty's were more of everything I was looking for.
    Did you go for the standard or the underwound for the 335 out of interest?
    Standard 
  • HaychHaych Frets: 6171
    I tried Monty's PAFs in a Les Paul I had and found them to be very underwhelming.  After all the hype I was expecting good things but they were an expensive disappointment.

Best PAF-a-like pickups I've tried are Wolfetone Dr Vintage and Dave Allen P51 Mustangs and both blow Monty's PAFs out of the water, in my opinion of course - tone is a personal thing after all.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom