Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NPupD

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    HAppy bidet!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurq said:
    Bummer dude and I had a friend who had a similar thing going on, tough times the 70's, especially if you were youing and invited to any BBC shindig.
    :-O :-S

I nearly met Jimmy Saville once when I was doing voluntary work. Although I was in my teens by then so he may not have been interested.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Wow a near miss dark claim to fame @EricTheWeary and a narrow escape.

With your boyish charms I am sure he would have preyed on you, not that that is a desirable thing or should happen you understand. Maybe he was all kiddy fiddled out for the day.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3347
    Happy belated birthday and congratulations on the new addition (s) - both are lovely.

Your dog reminds me of Kirk Hammett!
  • @Jonnyurq, belated happy birthday to you my friend.

How about Joss Ackland as a name for the young pup?
    Thanks very much @Kebabkid and @Handsome_Chris much appreciated.

Joss Ackland would have been a hoot but I have been overuled on all my suggestions and the little tyke is now named for his illustrious predecessor Brinn (of the Bloodguard) for many reasons.

So he is now Brinn The 2nd (just when you thought it was safe to leave your shoes on the floor) the sequel.

The weee guy seems to be channeling lovely old Brinn and his mannerisms/behaviours. That sealed his fate name wise.

Also in other related news you may (or maybe not LOL) be interested what I did with the new LP Studio shown above. Regtardez!!

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i474/johnnyurq/Les Paul Studio/WP_000164_zpscf72a6c5.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i474/johnnyurq/Les Paul Studio/WP_000164_zpscf72a6c5.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i474/johnnyurq/Les Paul Studio/WP_000166_zps726ec12e.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i474/johnnyurq/Les Paul Studio/WP_000167_zps2994e61a.jpg

An absolute doddle to fit and I recommend to use a small torque wrench for the nuts for best results and no mishaps.

Works great and took no time at all to fit and setup.

I got a great deal off a forumite @Lez325 who had removed them from his new LP Standard, absolute steal it were and well happy.

Go on, go on, go on you know it makes sense.

;)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16380
    edited November 2014
    I'd missed the lester tuner pictures on this. Anyhoo, somewhere in the back of my mind I recalled being a grump on this Discussion which was to celebrate five decades of @johnnyurq on this here planet so apologies for that. I do actually have stuff planned for mine now - no puppy or lester but outings and a contribution to the new amp fund. :)
    No worries @EricTheWeary and I don't remember any overt grumpiness from you at all so no apologies required.

So when is the big day for your good self?

I reckon as no guitar or pets are in teh offing then your good klady should look sympathetically upon your Xmas/Birthday wish for a girlfriend. Guilt can do wonderful things.
    :-O

:D

Of course after the fateful day it is your prerogative, nay right and expected for you to be grumpy and irascible,
    ;)

Have an excellent one on the day anyhoo, amp piccies when acquired.
  • Thanks @johnnyurq :(|) 18th of December - me and Brad Pitt ( although he'll be 51 I think). Wait and see if I wake up on the 19th feeling grown up.
    Nah the grown up thing didn't happen to me or mates who recently became 50, still as immature and stoopid.

But remember you are more famous around these parts than Brad Pitt, he never chips in on threads and nary a jest from him.
    ;)

It didn't hurt though and I felt absolutely zero difference since, bar having free licence to be a grumpy fecker and more latitude when cocking a deaf un.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    That LP is, barring a Goldtop, the nicest LP I've ever seen. 

The pup is ace too.

Belated birthday wishes BTW
    Thanks @joneve much appreciated.

You are right though it is a lovely LP and sounds/plays great, lloks as good in the flesh too.

The pup is mantal but good natured, he is giving us a lot of joy that has been sorely needed.