Small pedal board

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2373
    edited November 2014
    Oh I have the cheapo danelectro clone :)) I probably should've clarified that, I just get sick of always saying "cheapo danelectro timmy clone" when I could just type "timmy" :))

I'm meaning to pick up a timmy when I get round to it, though (or more like when I find one in stock). The dano one is a bit of an annoying shape etc. and it has a wee bit more background noise than I'd like- I suspect the "real thing" might sound a bit better (plus one of my other danelectro cool cats died so I don't exactly trust its reliability).

FWIW the screamin blues was probably my second favourite for doing the timmy thing (assuming you're using it as a near-enough clean boost).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_Mc said:
    Oh I have the cheapo danelectro clone :)) I probably should've clarified that, I just get sick of always saying "cheapo danelectro timmy clone" when I could just type "timmy" :))

I'm meaning to pick up a timmy when I get round to it, though (or more like when I find one in stock). The dano one is a bit of an annoying shape etc. and it has a wee bit more background noise than I'd like- I suspect the "real thing" might sound a bit better (plus one of my other danelectro cool cats died so I don't exactly trust its reliability).

FWIW the screamin blues was probably my second favourite for doing the timmy thing (assuming you're using it as a near-enough clean boost).
    So what is 'Timmy thang'? :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • So what is 'Timmy thang'? :)

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So what is 'Timmy thang'? :)

Wow gotta get me one of them :)

Dave_Mc said:

I just basically use it as a pseudo-clean boost to blast the front of the amp. :)) But in a more transparent way than a tubescreamer.

I'd tell you my settings but I'd have to take the darn pedal off my board to do so (as i said, it's an annoying shape and the knobs are at the back). :)) IIRC, for the screamin blues, I had the drive on 0, the level on full, the treble about 11 o'clock and the bass on 1 o'clock (those settings are "ish" and I might be misremembering) to accomplish a similar thing. Only use those settings into an already heavily-distorted amp or it'll blow your ears out :))
  • Dave_Mc said:
    Dave_Mc said:

I just basically use it as a pseudo-clean boost to blast the front of the amp. :)) But in a more transparent way than a tubescreamer.

I'd tell you my settings but I'd have to take the darn pedal off my board to do so (as i said, it's an annoying shape and the knobs are at the back). :)) IIRC, for the screamin blues, I had the drive on 0, the level on full, the treble about 11 o'clock and the bass on 1 o'clock (those settings are "ish" and I might be misremembering) to accomplish a similar thing. Only use those settings into an already heavily-distorted amp or it'll blow your ears out :))
    Knobs are at the back? All the Timmy's I've seen the knobs are on the front. 
    Oh sorry I meant the danelectro cool cat version :))

Yeah the "real" timmy has the knobs on top. Much handier.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3007
    @steamabacus where did you get that insert loop mate ? Funnily enough I've just built myself a real bare bones board based on a Diago Commuter BUT it would be nice to have one or maybe even two of these on there as an easy way of jacking in some of my other more esoteric & less used pedals when the mood strikes
  • DrBob said:
    @steamabacus where did you get that insert loop mate ? Funnily enough I've just built myself a real bare bones board based on a Diago Commuter BUT it would be nice to have one or maybe even two of these on there as an easy way of jacking in some of my other more esoteric & less used pedals when the mood strikes
    I made that myself. It's just a box and a couple of jack sockets (one of them switched so the straight-through connection is broken when the inserts are used). Not too difficult if you can use a soldering iron. The in and out connections (to/from the delay and Screaming Blues) are hard-wired to save the space of plugs and sockets.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 617
    edited November 2014
    For the "something else" slot, I'd highly recommend either the Zoom MS70-CDR or the MS-50. You might find they fulfil your delay needs too. Amazing range of good sounds in either of them and have a tuner built in.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    This was my old board, pretty flexible. photo saturdaysoftjams.jpg
  • timmysoft said:
    This was my old board, pretty flexible. photo saturdaysoftjams.jpg
    I don't recognise any of those pedals. Did you make them yourself ?
  • Beexter said:
    For the "something else" slot, I'd highly recommend either the Zoom MS70-CDR or the MS-50. You might find they fulfil your delay needs too. Amazing range of good sounds in either of them and have a tuner built in.
    Too fiddly for live use. For me anyway :) Fun bit of kit though :)