Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Beards... yes, beards!

What's Hot
I can never grow a proper beard as I'm blonde and my face-fuzz isn't particularly thick.

Who rocks a beard?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I haz beard, couldn't be arsed to shave over the summer break and I've kind of got used to it now. 
  • Depends on what you class as a beard. 

I've not been clean shaven for over three years now but rarely have a full blown beard.  Most people would class me as bearded but I tend to think of myself of heavily stubbled.  Two weeks or more without the clippers and I'll accept that I have a beard.  Whether or not I "rock" it is open for discussion.
  • @ Octatonic, fear not brother. With winter approaching you can always wear one of these, to at least get the glorious feeling of being fully bearded:

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11309
    tFB Trader
    All Guitar Weasels have beards!

Seriously though ... I've had a close cropped beard for the last 20 years or so
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• CloudNine said:
    @ Octatonic, fear not brother. With winter approaching you can always wear one of these, to at least get the glorious feeling of being fully bearded:

I showed Mrs. Stoo this pic, she replied that she has the pattern for  that, as well as several variations including viking horns.

I am quite fond of her.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • All Guitar Weasels have beards!

Yes, good to keep it nice and trim. Your victims will appreciate you looking smart.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11309
    tFB Trader

CloudNine said:
    All Guitar Weasels have beards!

Yes, good to keep it nice and trim. Your victims will appreciate you looking smart.
    A swift bite to the neck and it's all over for their ass ....
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34069
    Or rope bondage practitioner?
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6307
    CloudNine said:
    @ Octatonic, fear not brother. With winter approaching you can always wear one of these, to at least get the glorious feeling of being fully bearded:

Brilliant. 
    I'm definitely getting my daughter to knock me one of then up 
    :D
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • I've had a goatee effort for many years. I can't remember why, but the missus likes it, so the it stays. I found the full month beard waaay too itchy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nope, never had more than a couple of days stubble my entire life, and that's just when I'm lazy. No idea if I'd "rock" a beard but my older brother has a full ZZTop job!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    The Pirate Captain .... ;-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73537
    I'm another short-beard type, not a lot more than stubble. It looks better and is a lot less work than having to shave every day, since although it needs doing every 2-3, it doesn't matter if you miss one. The wife likes it too...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    I'm working on it... while I have dark hair, it's only recently started coming through anywhere other than my chin and my top lip. Once I have reasonably even coverage for the whole of my jaw line I might give it a go. Don't know when that will be...

I once tried leaving it all growing for a week or so and it looked crap, not so much a beard as a bad eyebrow on my chin.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    I is beard. Only place im going grey (white more like) oddly nuff. Mrs likes it, does 'lady stuff' apparently. Cough.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm working on one at the moment, it started last month when I'd broke the depth guage on my clippers but I let it grow for a bit seeing as I was having a few weeks off before uni started....

Must admit, it's growing on me. :D
  • I've been bearded since last Xmas. I never shave when off work so finally I went for it.
  • Not sure if that qualifies as a beard.  :-S

• jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    Just a bit of stubble for me. Not too much as it gets itchy. Occasionally it all comes off though.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18077
    tFB Trader
    Considering I'm beardy on my profile pic it's probably hardly worth mentioning. 

I've been beardy for ages now (4 years?) was considering shaving it off when I hit my target weight, but I really hate shaving so it suits me to have it.