Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Beards... yes, beards!

What's Hot

Comments

• Haven't seen my chin for around 15 years. I go through various lengths but always have a growth. Mrs. Cadet prefers it because I have no chin and look a right berk clean shaven.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Have had some kind of stubbly beard for a few years ( maybe many more) and only got clean shaven on odd occasions ( job interviews and funerals).Sometimes I would shave bits of it off - have big sideburns just for the weekend.

However, my beard trimmer died a couple of weeks ago and I went out to buy a new one and came back with a shaver. So, currently into week two of shaving most days. MrsTheWeary says I look younger ( I had an almost white beard). I had a very short haircut for years ( basically a number 2 grade) but haven't had a haircut in 2014 since about January so my lank hair and clean chin mean I no longer look like a fuzzy egg with glasses. More like a pedophile getting ready for court.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • haven't had a haircut in 2014 since about January
    I always knew time travel was possible. I want a go.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2957
    I'm bearded, have been since I was about 15. I've had various styles, most notably the long System of a Down goatee and an Amish chinstrap, now rocking a trimmed full jobby.
  • haven't had a haircut in 2014 since about January
    I always knew time travel was possible. I want a go.
    I was alternating between typing this and some work stuff about plans for January 2014. I need to go check that now to see if I've sent my manager information about my shaving habits...
    :(|)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2957
    edited September 2013
    All Guitar Weasels have beards!

Seriously though ... I've had a close cropped beard for the last 20 years or so

You look like a magician :D
  • Have sported a beard since 2010, when an ingrowing hair kept getting aggravated when I shaved and I let it grow for the area to heal. Everyone says I look better with a beard, and my daughter (20 months) has never known me without it, so I'm reluctant to shave it off for the foreseeable as I don't want to freak her out.

Thing is, though...I hate beards. Hate them. I grudgingly admit mine suits me (well, better than showing my treble chin off in all its glory) but still I hate them and distrust anyone who has one. Especially women.

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Yes. See avatard.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13581
    I havent had a beard since I was in primary school
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15985

I generally grow mine until the itching becomes unbearable, then shave the thing off.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73537
    Bidley said:
    You look like a magican :D
    Have you seen what he did to that totally f***ed Rickenbacker bass pickup? I'd say it's warranted.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• bearded since about 16. I shave and the next day I resemble Chewbacca so now I don't bother. When it hits three inches or so I cut it back. Good for winters and getting people to generally leave you alone.

VimFuego said:

I generally grow mine until the itching becomes unbearable, then shave the thing off.

yep,  which is usually about 4 or 5 days for me
  • bearded since I was capable of growing one after realising that shaving made me very sore.

gf doesn't like it "long" (ie more than 10mm) she says it makes me look "old". I trim it when I know I'm going to be seeing her, but not otherwise.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Beardy as per avatar
  • Some clarity folks. Ash has a gotee drewfx has a man beard :)
  • furtherfurther Frets: 88
    edited September 2013
    I haz beard
    I haz beard, and brutte
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I have paedo stubble. I look rubbish with a beard because it's not as thick on the sides and tache, and doesn't grow on the front of my chin. It's slowly filling in though, I might be able to have manly facial hair by the time I'm 40.

I pluck errant hairs on my cheeks to keep a nice line I suppose. I have also gone overboard in the past and plucked my whole neck to the jawline. They came back ingrown.
    My V key is broken
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28356
    Always 'stubble-plus' (eg a bit longer than regular stubble), but occasionally goes into beardy, as per avatar. Haven't been clean shaven for over a decade, I just hate the look. Probably would have gone full beard years ago but it's a bit thin and weedy up close.