What Is The Longest Delay Time You Actually Use - Really

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    I have a track where I use a 12 second delay. It's excessive and self indulgent but that just about sums me up as a player.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NomadNomad Frets: 549
    Until a couple of days ago, 450 to 550ms. When I saw the vid with Brian May talking about his guitar, I set up a Ping-Pong to match what he said - 750ms to one side, 1500ms to the other, one repeat only on each side. Quite good fun, and I'll probably make a copy of that patch that uses global tempo rather than fixed.

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

• CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    edited December 2014

I remember reading in a thread on TGP someone saying a delay was useless because it only had 12 seconds of delay and anything less than 16 seconds was not worth having
    LOL.  And this was on TGP you say.....

Slightly OT but talking of bizarre statements about delays, last week I nearly bought a Providence Chrono on the spur.  After deciding not to (just yet) I was looking for some reviews and found this - 

It's a review that manages to contain these two statements - 

"The DLY-4 pulls off the considerable warmth of the classics, but also allows precise and easy control of delay times."

followed by - 

Buy if...
    you crave vintage sounds but need modern features.
    Skip if...
    you don’t mind imprecise delay times.

Read this review if you like imprecise information.
    This works.  It's not necessarily for you if you don't mind a bit of imprecision.
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    Around half a second for solos, otherwise slapback gets a lot of use.