ohhh duck off PC

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• joeyowen said:
    joeyowen said:
    Well IIII'm baffled as to why another presumably grown man is so baffled at presumably other grown men regarding their views regarding political correctness as outlined by presumably a seven year old lesbian with a shaved head.
    What a fucking stupid thing to say;  The picture clearly shows that she has long hair.
    bloody hell calm down, I was joking mate!
    So am I dude.  Your passion made me piss myself.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    joeyowen said:
    joeyowen said:
    Well IIII'm baffled as to why another presumably grown man is so baffled at presumably other grown men regarding their views regarding political correctness as outlined by presumably a seven year old lesbian with a shaved head.
    What a fucking stupid thing to say;  The picture clearly shows that she has long hair.
    Well then I feel silly
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowen said:
    joeyowen said:
    joeyowen said:
    Well then I feel silly
    Silly for boys or silly for girls?
    joeyowen said:
    joeyowen said:
    joeyowen said:
    Well then I feel silly
    Silly for boys or silly for girls?
    THATS IT! I'm going to the papers.  How dare you discrimate. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    WezV said:
    I actually agree with it.   They are just toys, not "toys for girls" or "toys for boys".

I also have an issue with Lego for girls (lego friends) - because Lego was always pretty free from any gender stereotypes until they introduced that range 

I have a daughter who is fast approaching 3.   She has a dolls house and a few other "girls" toys.   She also has a few batman and superhero things too.  but most of her toys are pretty gender neutral, and I try and make sure she doesn't see certain things as being for girls and certain things as being for boys

through all that, She likes dressing up in princess dresses and pink is her favourite colour - but at least I can be sure I have given her options. 

My grandma got mine and my cousins presents mixed up when i was very young.   It meant I had a Sindy Doll and she had a monster truck.  Apparently I wouldn't give it up and my dad was mortified.
    I pretty much agree with most of this.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17888
    tFB Trader
    I'm always amazed by how hard some parents try to enforce gender stereotypes. 

When we take our daughter to swimming they have various toys and floats in the water including a pink Disney princess ball. 

One bloke was yelling at his son "Get off that!, That's a girls ball, you can't play with that, it's for girls!" and snatched it off him. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    edited November 2014
    What's sad is a little girl getting wound up by this shit .. just look at the picture. I bet she has 666 tattooed on her forehead ....

Imagine a story "Precocious brat has tantrum over sign in Tesco store" .. unlikely in this PC focused world.

All we need now is a boy to pop round to the electrical department and moan about the Lady Shave .... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    tFB Trader
    Fretwired said:
    What's sad is a little girl getting wound up by this shit .. just look at the picture. I bet she has 666 tattooed on her forehead ....
    The thing is they do. 

A chap I know's daughter loves Lego Star Wars and Lego Batman and was crying because she'd been told they were "boys toys" and she shouldn't play with them. There is no need to put gender labels on toys, let them gravitate to what they want to play with.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Kids do get wound up over toys though. 

As do adults, I mean thats basically what 99% of this forum is when you get down to it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    The thing is they do. 

A chap I know's daughter loves Lego Star Wars and Lego Batman and was crying because she'd been told they were "boys toys" and she shouldn't play with them. There is no need to put gender labels on toys, let them gravitate to what they want to play with.
    Kids do a lot of things .. I've got two and plenty of nieces and nephews .. this says more about the mother who didn't think twice about exploiting her child for her two minutes of fame on Twitter ... lets scrap gender labels. No more men or women just human. Simple. The best solution. Superman will have to change his name though .. :-)

One advantage .. no more feminism .. it will become a pointless gender label .. :-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Fretwired said:
    Kids do a lot of things .. I've got two and plenty of nieces and nephews .. this says more about the mother who didn't think twice about exploiting her child for her two minutes of fame on Twitter ... lets scrap gender labels. No more men or women just human. Simple. The best solution. Superman will have to change his name though .. :-)

One advantage .. no more feminism .. it will become a pointless gender label .. :-)

Yeah I'm not saying the people in the story did a good thing and boys and girls are definitely different. 

I just don't think we should be enforcing what they should be allowed to play with.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    hugbot said:

As do adults, I mean thats basically what 99% of this forum is when you get down to it.
    That is so true it hurts
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    edited November 2014
    joeyowen said:
    hugbot said:
    Because I can understand the thought process of a child, who get easily upset about things like about toys, but not of an adult who reacts by calling that kid a lesbian.

heh, that's just the internet ;)

Honestly though, surely making a big deal for the kid isn't the right thing to do.  Tell them it doesn't matter etc etc... don't photograph them and sell it to news agencies. It's just so stupid. 
    Doubt that's how it happened though, this is one of those "lets see what's trending on twitter" news stories. Parent takes picture of child, shares with some friends, friends think "that's cool/cute/disgusting/deeply deeply disturbing" and like or share/retweet/tattoo on their foreheads, every so often one of these catches on and then the daily human interest sweep picks it up. News agencies will often get away with using your pictures without permission.
    (Edit, and assuming the parent took a picture because she thought it was a good thing the kid did this then they're pre-disposed to say yes when a reporter says "that's great, can we use this in a story?".)
    imalone said:
    joeyowen said:
    hugbot said:
    Because I can understand the thought process of a child, who get easily upset about things like about toys, but not of an adult who reacts by calling that kid a lesbian.

heh, that's just the internet ;)

Honestly though, surely making a big deal for the kid isn't the right thing to do.  Tell them it doesn't matter etc etc... don't photograph them and sell it to news agencies. It's just so stupid. 
    Doubt that's how it happened though, this is one of those "lets see what's trending on twitter" news stories. Parent takes picture of child, shares with some friends, friends think "that's cool/cute/disgusting/deeply deeply disturbing" and like or share/retweet/tattoo on their foreheads, every so often one of these catches on and then the daily human interest sweep picks it up. News agencies will often get away with using your pictures without permission.
    (Edit, and assuming the parent took a picture because she thought it was a good thing the kid did this then they're pre-disposed to say yes when a reporter says "that's great, can we use this in a story?".)
    The mum's obviously been interviewed by the BBC and news agencies can't use images of children without permission.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    To be fair you piss yourself regularly anyway.......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

mike_l said:
    Doesn't matter in today's age, you can do that whether you are 2, 12, 20 or 80... we don't see age remember ;)
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    joeyowen said:
    mike_l said:
    Doesn't matter in today's age, you can do that whether you are 2, 12, 20 or 80... we don't see age remember ;)

Excellent, I need a piss and can't be bothered to walk the 8 steps to the toilet.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• mike_l said:
    Yes, but normally it's deliberate.