Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Getting dressed in the dark

What's Hot
FazerFazer Frets: 468
i managed to put on my underpants both back-to-front and inside out today.
i'm officialy 'dressed for the day' so i'm going to have to stick with it

i'm trying not to panic that this is a sign of early onset alzheimer's (or 'altimeters' as the spellcheck wants to call it)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It's a dangerous habit.... nearly destroyed Dr Matt Taylor's career.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Socks are the big issue. Currently at work with my guitar socks on because they were the only ones I could identify as a pair without switching the light on/ being hit by MrsTheWeary. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971
    Fazer said:
    i managed to put on my underpants both back-to-front and inside out today.

Surely people do that every Wednesday ???

Mon is inside in, front to front - the so-called "normal" look.

Tues is inside out, front to front

Weds is inside out, back to front - as you have correctly done.

Thurs is inside out, back to back.

(Fri is WFH, no underpants required.)

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

There's an even more simple solution than Tony's.

Go Commando everyday.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• I once worked for a bloke who wore odd socks - deliberately. I also wore odd socks, but that was because I couldn't be bothered to sort them once they'd been in the wash.

Just once I went to work with odd shoes on. That was a genuine get up in the dark error.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6239
    I just buy all black socks.... then I never have to worry about finding the right pair.
    Mind you.. I have been known to go to work wearing a different shoe on each foot.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • FazerFazer Frets: 468
    this year i started wearing those socks that have separated toes, so i have to always have them sorted out into pairs of left and right so the big toe matches up

... and i've just realised that they match my avatar ... spooky
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    equalsql said:
    I just buy all black socks.... then I never have to worry about finding the right pair.
    Mind you.. I have been known to go to work wearing a different shoe on each foot.
    The problem with black socks is they gradually diverge, inexorably leading to different tones of blue and grey where no two quite match.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    One morning I grabbed the jeans I'd worn the day before, slapped em on, left the house to meet a friend. Got half way down the street... felt a lump in one of my jean legs...

Turns out it was my boxer shorts from the night before.

Er... duck into the nearest phone booth. Reach down, pull them out... leave the boxers in the phone booth and try and hide my shame throughout the day.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562

Its what I might tread on in the dark whilst getting dressed that concerns me the most.

Errant hairdryer or hair straightener leads complete with 13A plugs, they are the worse.

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15859
    dead rodents is generally the worst thing we get to stand on when stumbling around in the dark.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• ROOG said:

Errant hairdryer or hair straightener leads complete with 13A plugs, they are the worse.

You're not wrong. An upturned mains plug into the sole of bare foot is exceedingly painful
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    edited November 2014
    Drew_fx said:
    One morning I grabbed the jeans I'd worn the day before, slapped em on, left the house to meet a friend. Got half way down the street... felt a lump in one of my jean legs...

Er... duck into the nearest phone booth. Reach down, pull them out... leave the boxers in the phone booth and try and hide my shame throughout the day.
    ISn't that incase you have to turn into SuperDrew (Like Superman, but with guitars.....)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Drew_fx;425900" said:

What a waste of good boxers....
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31935
    I'm actually quite good at dressing myself these days, but at least once a year while getting on my motorbike I suddenly find my crash helmet is really uncomfortable and I can't seem to find my gloves.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    The worst thing you can tread on in the dark is a landmine.
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsql said:
    Yeah, I find if you try put both your feet in one shoe it gets even more awkward though.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    I wore my T-shirt for about an hour this morning before I realised it was back to front.  Strangely, this period corresponded almost exactly to the time between putting the shirt on and my first morning coffee.
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    holnrew said:
    The worst thing you can tread on in the dark is a landmine.
    The worst thing you can tread on in the dark is...
    ...a tiger
    ...lava
    ...my blue suede shoes.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I notice when things are on the wrong way round almost instantly. But I do have a fat back.
    My V key is broken