Lee Rigby and Facebook

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• So Mark Zuckerberg invents Facebook >>>> Facebook is used by Islamic nutters to plan attrocities.  Is this just not another way of blaming Jews for everything?!  That Al Qaeda plan is working to perfection.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    John_P said:
    I think it's the Government trying to put fear into the public in the hopes that some sort of a surveillance law will be accepted.  
    +1   Seems everytime I hear of case like this, some aspect that pushes fear and the need to increase police/government powers is the lead part of the story.   
    Sadly I think it has more to do with saying I told you so when inevitably a Lee Rigby incident happens again .. we already have an extensive surveillance society.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    Kitten photos are OF pussies.
    Corrected.  Classic preemptive text fail.
  • Governments have traditionally tried to leverage more power over citizens, whether using events they have staged or actual events. This is just another example of using fear to persuade us they need more control. Look at the legislation the American government passed, especially post 9/11. Frightening. 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    The whole Facebook thing is laughable. How the hell are they going to police it, eh? Jeez, I can't even get the grass verges outside my house properly trimmed on a regular basis, never mind people monitoring the entire social network on the web. Wait, maybe they ARE monitoring it. Maybe the people who should,be cutting the grass verges are actually employed in doing the monitoring. Yes, that explains it. Thanks, Fretboard.

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2916
    Government using this poor guys name for their own agenda. Disgusting but not surprising.

RIP Lee Rigby.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73047
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Fear is a weapon of mass destruction" - Faithless

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    They've been trying to figure out ways to control the internet for years and years and years. 
  • "God is a DJ" - also Faithless

"Would you still love me if I were young and had acne? When I'm afraid of what's under the stairs? Or if I end up wetting the bed?" - Benjamin Button
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I didn't know the guy, but the kind of people who post about about him on Facebook all the time make me hate him by association. 
    My V key is broken
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31148
    "God is a DJ" - also Faithless

"Would you still love me if I were young and had acne? When I'm afraid of what's under the stairs? Or if I end up wetting the bed?" - Benjamin Button

"my balls feel like a pair of maraca's" F.Zappa 1979

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Gassage said:
    "God is a DJ" - also Faithless

"my balls feel like a pair of maraca's" F.Zappa 1979
    Frank Zappa told you that about your balls?  He was shit at the sweet talk was Frank.
  • Sifting through billions of emails/hacktags/posts isn't that big a deal with modern in memory databases, we do it all the time at work as part of our big data strategy. The obvious question is, should the government be snooping on everybody, finding out who likes to look at lady bottoms or kittens.

Spend the time looking at the Tor network I say. These people obivously have things to hide

• holnrew said:
    I didn't know the guy, but the kind of people who post about about him on Facebook all the time make me hate him by association. 

Seems a little unfair. The poor kid can't exactly do anything now to distance himself from the racist knobbers and government surveillance apologists who want to exploit what happened to him. His family seem to be doing what they can to distance themselves from the racist knobbers at least.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Drew_fx said:
    They've been trying to figure out ways to control the internet for years and years and years. 

What do you mean?
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Spend the time looking at the Tor network I say. These people obivously have things to hide

Yes and let's break down all the locked doors we find, these people obviously have things they shouldn't. Why are those people over there whispering? Let's interrogate them. Hmmm... neighbour's curtains are drawn... that's a red light. You sir! Yes you! Where are you going now? What's your business? Better come along with us, if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear
    All practice and no theory
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Ugh, I've seen some awful things on the deepweb. (animal torture, not CP)
    My V key is broken