New Line 6 home practice Ampli Fi TT thingy

What's Hot
johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
Got an email re this today and at £150 it could be a useful thing for home noodling and maybe recording.

http://uk.line6.com/amplifi-tt-desktop-guitar-amp/

Andertons etc have them listed at £150

http://www.andertons.co.uk/multi-fx-units/pid36651/cid693/line-6-amplifi-tt-table-top-bluetooth-guitar-fx-unit.asp

Could be worth a punt, maybe.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    Even though it is modelling tech from 2007 at its core, I like the look of this too. I could stick this in the cabinet under the TV along with my Hi Fi kit, plug it into my Hi Fi via my DAC and the optical out for some top quality converstion, and control it all from the ipad sat on the sofa. Could be a great sofa set up.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Something like this would be great for me although I would find that I'd end up wanting to record and then small valve amp comes into play as my house is small.

Still, could sell plenty of these I reckon.

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Layme.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368

Drew_fx said:

Lay me!!
    No way am I going to lay you @Drew_fx thanks for the offer though sweetcheeks. At least indulge me with some foreplay.
    ;)

It isn't going to set the world on fire and older FX etc but at that price with access to PC, Android and iOS it will have its uses.
  • What would be ideal with that is if L6 could come up with some kind of bluetooth dongle so you don't need a guitar cable with it either.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_fx said:
    Layme.
    Drew Peacock ?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1324
    Ugh, how many times are they going to repackage the same tech?  After being a Line 6 devotee for about 12 years, they just bore me these days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Bod said:
    Ugh, how many times are they going to repackage the same tech?  After being a Line 6 devotee for about 12 years, they just bore me these days.
    What's wrong with repackaging the same tech? I thought that's what guitarists liked? Retro .. :-)

I think it looks quite cool and for what it is it will sound great .. it's a home noodling, jamming and recording tool not something you're going to play a gig to 5,000 people through. Ideal for the busy guitar player who lives in a small house and wants a family friendly jam tool that could double up as a recording interface. What's not to like? I think Line 6 will sell loads.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I must admit I'm a little tempted, would sit quite nicely on my hi-fi.

I think it looks shit. Line 6 seem to be obsessed with chasing the part-time living-room guitarist market. But I just don't think that market is particularly big or interested in spending anywhere near £150 for that sort of thing - they're the VOX Jamplug types.

They used to do epic amps and epic effects, that bedroom warriors and gigging people could use just as well as each other. And now?? They're churning out crap and then acting surprised when we don't like it. One of their guys on TGP was surprised that people weren't digging this new stuff. I'm surprised that he thinks this is what we want.

It isn't.
  • Drew_fx said:
    One of their guys on TGP was surprised that people weren't digging this new stuff. I'm surprised that he thinks this is what we want.

It isn't.
    some of the above posts would disagree with your statement.

I dont get the mentality towards line 6 on here. Why aren't there posts moaning about strymon not releasing something new every year that is cheap and usable by all, they are ex line 6 after all.  
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Drew_fx said:
    One of their guys on TGP was surprised that people weren't digging this new stuff. I'm surprised that he thinks this is what we want.

It isn't.
    some of the above posts would disagree with your statement.

I dont get the mentality towards line 6 on here. Why aren't there posts moaning about strymon not releasing something new every year that is cheap and usable by all, they are ex line 6 after all.  
    Who is moaning about Line 6 not releasing something new every year? No one.

A few posts on a forum does not indicate mass market desire. The fact that every time there is a thread relating to an M9 or M13 killer, that the thread turns into a 5 or 6 pager full of people who want one, on more than 4 of the major guitar gear websites... THAT indicates mass market desire.

Line 6 are not listening to the market in my opinion.
  • Looks as shit as the full amp version. Not a good tone in there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Every year might be an exaggeration but every time pods and m series pedals are mentioned you can guarantee a post will soon follow saying that nothing has followed up said products for the last 5 years or whatever it is.

I am no statistician but the same 20 - 30 people on here beating the Line 6 drum (on this forum) and however many on other forums (possibly the same individuals posting across multiple forums) indicates mass market desire? So if we take the number of units sold compared to what 200 people moaning on forums that would be indicative of mass market desire?

Would it not make sense to capture lots of little sales to the front room guitarists that dont take it all so serious and get yourself a nice turn over and further establish your brand? Young kids that are starting out and their parents don't want them to rock the house with a 100w Marshall 4 x 12, people in flats etc. The latest product could even work great in schools/colleges.

As for developing and creating something new its not a case of buying a bbe pedal and gluping it for line 6. Factor in manufacturing, patent registration, prototypes, programming, then you have EU safety compliance and all the other countries etc... things take time. Throw in a company buyout/merger and the other shenanigans you can see why there are delays. 

And how do you know they are not listening? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Would it not make sense to capture lots of little sales to the front room guitarists that dont take it all so serious and get yourself a nice turn over and further establish your brand? Young kids that are starting out and their parents don't want them to rock the house with a 100w Marshall 4 x 12, people in flats etc. The latest product could even work great in schools/colleges.

This ^^

The Line 6 Spider is/was the best selling amp in the world with millions of units sold. When my son wanted to start playing it was a Squire guitar and a Spider amp and when he met up with his mates to jam there was loads of Line 6 gear. They offer a good tone and flexibility for the money.

I still record with my ancient POD 2 and it still sounds good. This unit will sell as it combines convenience, practicality and decent features in an affordable package. I could see me having one in the house for the odd noodle and bit of practice. Seems a decent idea to me. If you are a semi-pro or pro with decent gear then this is probably not for you. This is £150 whereas the Axe Fx is £2K. Horses for courses and all that ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    For an extra £50 you can get the POD HD from Thomann. OK doesn't do the bluetooth streaming but sound wise I would imagine it's superior.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6221
    tFB Trader
    I have an amplifi for my downstairs amp and I recently used it as a Bluetooth speaker as background music at my wedding. It is excellent in both roles. My wife is buying me the TT for the office, it looks very compact and will be perfect for late night practice. Love the concept.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • TheCountTheCount Frets: 274
    "Young kids that are starting out and their parents don't want them to rock the house with a 100w Marshall 4 x 12"

Mine didn't, but i did it anyway
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    It looks a useful little box.  But I'm a bit surprised by it - the yamaha thr amps seem to have a very similar purpose as a living room/office friendly amp that sounds good and has some practical features. 
    If I didn't have a thr I'd have been interested (even more so if it had new or more recent technology) but it isn't offering any advantages to me over the thr and since the yamaha takeover I've been expecting something a bit different to appear.

I am no statistician but the same 20 - 30 people on here beating the Line 6 drum (on this forum) and however many on other forums (possibly the same individuals posting across multiple forums) indicates mass market desire? So if we take the number of units sold compared to what 200 people moaning on forums that would be indicative of mass market desire?

I don't believe it to be only 20-30 "same" individuals. Not judging by their Ideascape page.

Judging by their Ideascape page.