New Line 6 home practice Ampli Fi TT thingy

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17673
    tFB Trader
    I am no statistician but the same 20 - 30 people on here beating the Line 6 drum (on this forum) and however many on other forums (possibly the same individuals posting across multiple forums) indicates mass market desire? So if we take the number of units sold compared to what 200 people moaning on forums that would be indicative of mass market desire?
    I think it's fair to extrapolate that if a percentage of owners on this forum feel a certain way about a product a similar percentage of people in the general population of owners feel the same way.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I am no statistician but the same 20 - 30 people on here beating the Line 6 drum (on this forum) and however many on other forums (possibly the same individuals posting across multiple forums) indicates mass market desire? So if we take the number of units sold compared to what 200 people moaning on forums that would be indicative of mass market desire?
    I think it's fair to extrapolate that if a percentage of owners on this forum feel a certain way about a product a similar percentage of people in the general population of owners feel the same way.
    that is speculative.

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I am no statistician but the same 20 - 30 people on here beating the Line 6 drum (on this forum) and however many on other forums (possibly the same individuals posting across multiple forums) indicates mass market desire? So if we take the number of units sold compared to what 200 people moaning on forums that would be indicative of mass market desire?
    that is speculative.

Based on evidence.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Wrapped in an enigma
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    :))
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I think it looks pretty decent, I just need something I can plug in to the PA at rehearsals or practice/write silently at home. I wouldn't consider myself a bedroom player, but I can see how the design and functionality is aimed at those type of players. I'm going to try one after Xmas for sure, I think it looks like a great product.
  • Drew_fx said:
    that is speculative.

Based on evidence.
    I would love to see how you fair in court with your interpretation of evidence 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17673
    tFB Trader
    meltedbuzzbox;430345" said:
    monquixote said:

meltedbuzzbox said:I am no statistician but the same 20 - 30 people on here beating the Line 6 drum (on this forum) and however many on other forums (possibly the same individuals posting across multiple forums) indicates mass market desire? So if we take the number of units sold compared to what 200 people moaning on forums that would be indicative of mass market desire?I think it's fair to extrapolate that if a percentage of owners on this forum feel a certain way about a product a similar percentage of people in the general population of owners feel the same way.

that is speculative.
    Indeed but it's a perfectly reasonable conclusion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    The Anderton's boys have just demoed it .. I think it's OK .. it plugs into Hi-Fi systems or home cinema systems and allows you to jam without having some big amp in your living room ... I got am email from Line 6 to say the £149 is a limited low price ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Drew_fx said:
    that is speculative.

Based on evidence.
    I would love to see how you fair in court with your interpretation of evidence 
    As you said; you are no statistician.
  • ok angry little man, whatever helps you get through the day ;-)
    ok angry little man, whatever helps you get through the day ;-)
    Who you callin' little yaow bitch!?!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom