Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Which Smart Phone? From a rather confused noob

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• duotone said:
    Cheers for all the info. chaps. My 5 year old LG phone has finally given up the ghost, I will have a look at what PAYG deals there are on the Moto G. Although if the Nokia Lumias had a flash on the camera I may well have gone for one of them.
    Good choice, you will not be disappointed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    2nd gen moto G ordered for MrsTheWeary who has a sim only deal already. Currently double up points available from Tesco on phones so almost entirely paid for with vouchers.
    Please can you do a bit of a review when it comes? I recently got a first gen model for my wife and she's really liking it so I might fancy a 2nd gen as its got a better camera. I'd be interested in whether its annoyingly big though as a 5" screen is pretty huge.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • I looked at one in the branch of O2 by my office the other day. Bit longer than my HTC, which fits all my pockets, but I think part of the idea is they have minimised the non screen space on the front of the phone so it's not silly. I don't think I'll be able to do much of a review as phone obsessed Eric Jr will do any setting up so all I will know is how many days I get of MrsTheWeary saying ' I can't work this bloody thing ' before she gets the hang of it. Its only costing £50 plus our doubled up Tesco vouchers ( which was surprisingly easy to sort online) and so as long as she can text, call and take pictures of the dog I'll be pleased.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    edited December 2014
    Just to point out!. If you have a Sonos system the Nokia ie Lumia 630 is not compatible. I think this goes for all Nokia phones. So dont waste a whole night trying to download the app like this tit did because you cant.
    If you have a Sonos then bare this in mind. Im keeping mine anyway cos Thats how i roll.
  • close2uclose2u Frets: 997
    iphone 4s arrived ... it is solid and seems great so far ... for the no-upfront cost & cash--back on the monthly fee it seems a steal compared to the 5c ...
    in some ways, should have got two of these
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    bobblehat;433279" said:
    duotone said:

Cheers for all the info. chaps. My 5 year old LG phone has finally given up the ghost, I will have a look at what PAYG deals there are on the Moto G. Although if the Nokia Lumias had a flash on the camera I may well have gone for one of them.

Good choice, you will not be disappointed.
    Bought one of the 8gb Moto G 4g models from Argos yesterday morning, so far so good. Haven't sussed out the Google Play & apps yet, but downloaded some podcasts which was nice to listen to while I walked the dog this morning.

*p.s. am posting this from the phone at home via wifi!