Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

It's Star Wars Teaser Trailer Day!

What's Hot

Comments

• Hoping for a good one. Just the classic soundtrack intro always takes me back to 1977 as an 8 year old!

Utter bastards to start teasing a whole year ahead of the release though :P
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    edited November 2014
    A year away!?
    Great trailer... Really excellent
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    Looks as promising as a short little teaser can.  Millennium Falcon looked strangely like it had been on a bit of a diet though - I'm sure it used to be thicker than that.

I will no doubt be at the cinema on the day of release, as I'm a sad bastard. :D
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • Don't say that, why is it sad? It's awesome!
  • Fuzzdog said:
    Looks as promising as a short little teaser can.  Millennium Falcon looked strangely like it had been on a bit of a diet though - I'm sure it used to be thicker than that.

I will no doubt be at the cinema on the day of release, as I'm a sad bastard. :D
    Looked like a new radar dish as well on top. Reckon it's got central locking yet? 

The X-Wing scene was cumworthy. 

• littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5070
    edited November 2014
    Looks like another fan-fake one (Ender's Game edit), but I am intrigued by the idea that Gwendonline Christie might be in the new film!

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Star trek is way better than star wars. But I look forward to seeing this trailer
    Wisdom all the way.

Star Wars isn't sci-fi, it's action adventure that happens to be set in space. Fun enough, but not worth nerding out over.
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrew said:
    Star trek is way better than star wars. But I look forward to seeing this trailer
    Wisdom all the way.

Star Wars isn't sci-fi, it's action adventure that happens to be set in space. Fun enough, but not worth nerding out over.
    Go to your room, and think about what you've just said!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrew said:
    Wisdom all the way.

Sci Fi isn't sci Fi - it's some aspect of now set in space.
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23616
    I was completely obsessed with Star Wars - but only for about six months in 1977, then for some reason, I don't know why, I just lost interest.  

I wasn't bothered about the two sequels, and thought the prequels were unbelievably awful when they came along - I was persuaded to see Revenge of the Sith in the cinema and almost walked out after ten minutes, it was that bad.

Recently I watched them all on TV, first time I'd seen the original in over 35 years - I was really hoping some of the old buzz would come back, but it hasn't stood the test of time at all well.  It's pretty dreadful actually.  With hindsight Lucas is a hopeless director.

So I don't hold out much hope for the new one.  But I'll give it a go.

Sorry to be such a miserablist!

• If anyone's interested there's a metric shitload of leaked concept art here: http://nukethefridge.com/2014/10/15/huge-collection-leaked-star-wars-episode-vii-concept-art/

I hadn't linked it before as it was all very unconfirmed but it all seems to line up with the trailer and the leaked drone shots of MF and X-wing from a few weeks ago.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    I'm still not convinced.

You could condense The Phantom Menace into two minutes and make it look good....
  • Looks interesting but that light sabers thing shooting out the side looks crap imo
    Old Is Gold
  • Philly, often I feel like that, too. And other times I feel great about it. Didn't like the latest ones..
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    I am not convinced at all. Why bring the old cast back in the first place? Is Carrie Fisher playing Jabba's inebriated sister? And don't start me on the half arsed Jedi known as Luke Skywalker...what a let down for his dad. My bet is that Disney will fuck it up by continuing the story, had it been based on the Knights of the Old Republic games it could have been dark enough and half decent. And please no more disastrous attempts at introducing comical creatures...I hate Ewoks and wearing those suits could be hazardous for the actors, they could end up being buggered by a bear if they are shooting some scenes in the Alps again.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    holnrew said:
    Wisdom all the way.

Sci Fi isn't sci Fi - it's some aspect of now set in space.
    Your face is an aspect of now set in space.
    My V key is broken
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    It. Will. Be. Fucking. Great.

I've just sat through Paddington Bear. In fairness, it weren't bad.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Of course give it a day or two and the a lego version gets made :)
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    In the new Alien game they designers had this aesthetic where they didnt make any props or designs that would have looked out of place in the 1970's when alien was made, so you had this awesome retro future with CRT monitors all round the space station. I would love if they took a similar design philosophy for the new star wars.
  • hugbot said:
    In the new Alien game they designers had this aesthetic where they didnt make any props or designs that would have looked out of place in the 1970's when alien was made, so you had this awesome retro future with CRT monitors all round the space station. I would love if they took a similar design philosophy for the new star wars.

That's one of the (many) mistakes they made with the prequels, the tech looked newer than the original trilogy.