Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

It's Star Wars Teaser Trailer Day!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• RobDavies said:
    I'm still not convinced.

You could condense The Phantom Menace into two minutes and make it look good....
    That trailer kicked ass.

Shame about the end-product, Maul should've been kept for the trilogy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbot said:
    In the new Alien game they designers had this aesthetic where they didnt make any props or designs that would have looked out of place in the 1970's when alien was made, so you had this awesome retro future with CRT monitors all round the space station. I would love if they took a similar design philosophy for the new star wars.

That's one of the (many) mistakes they made with the prequels, the tech looked newer than the original trilogy.
    In some ways I don't agree; the prequels were set at a time when peace and luxury filled the galaxy. Once war broke out, the tech started having less room for aesthetics, and more focus on functionality.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    hugbot said:
    In the new Alien game they designers had this aesthetic where they didnt make any props or designs that would have looked out of place in the 1970's when alien was made, so you had this awesome retro future with CRT monitors all round the space station. I would love if they took a similar design philosophy for the new star wars.

That's one of the (many) mistakes they made with the prequels, the tech looked newer than the original trilogy.
    In some ways I don't agree; the prequels were set at a time when peace and luxury filled the galaxy. Once war broke out, the tech started having less room for aesthetics, and more focus on functionality.
    At least that's what uncle George says ;)
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well, I'm such a fanboi that once the music fired up I felt like I was five again. I need some Monster Munch now!

Absolutely. Anyone who grew up with Star Wars and didn't regress to childhood for just a moment when the Star Wars theme fired up and the Millenium Falcon came on screen is just dead inside.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Absolutely. Anyone who grew up with Star Wars and didn't regress to childhood for just a moment when the Star Wars theme fired up and the Millenium Falcon came on screen is just dead inside.
    I was too busy mopping up after the X-Wing scene. 

• At least Lucas isn't writing the dialogue this time - all six so far have been unbelievably bad in that regard. And the editing, god, even the lightsabre fights in the prequels were crap.
    Use Your Brian
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    At least Lucas isn't writing the dialogue this time - all six so far have been unbelievably bad in that regard. And the editing, god, even the lightsabre fights in the prequels were crap.
    Maul -v- Mr Taken was pretty good. But then again Ray Park (Maul) is a proper awesome martial artist.

Yoda -v- Dracula was a bouncy embarrassment. 

Emperor -v- SLJ was bloody awful.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• The Darth Maul duel was excellent until you realise how bad the choreography is. Even without all the ducking and diving and jumping none of the attacks are actually aimed to hit the other guy

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    I saw a little making of thing that showed the 2 jedi nonces were so scared of Park hitting them that they were often 3 feet away... so they were cut n pasted closer!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom