Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Any interest in a fundraising forum pedal tour?

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17888
in Off Topic tFB Trader
We've got another pedal to give away for a Christmas forum compo and the plan was to raffle the pedal as we did last time however the suggestion has been made that we could do a pedal tour like the Jooky guitar a while back. 

The idea being that anyone who wants to join in pays a nominal fee (£20?) and the pedal gets delivered to them. They then get to keep it for a period of time (up to a month?) before it goes on to the next person and then we could auction it off at the end.
Anyone with the pedal would be encouraged to take pictures and sound clips etc. 

Very interested to hear peoples thoughts on if that would be something you would be interested in and what an acceptable donation and duration would be?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Sounds like a good idea ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • I'd be up for it. £20 sounds more than fair, although a month sounds a bit long. A week should be more than long enough to have a fiddle about and record a clip.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I don't think asking people to pay £20 to demo a pedal for a week is at all cool.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • The Jooky went around quicker than a month each ( varied a bit but roughly a week each)IIRC and contributions were a voluntary amount. It went hand to hand on a journey something like Bristol via London up to Inverness and the logistics were quite complicated. So, it's doable but someone needs to work it all out once the expressions of interest are gathered.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971
    the logistics were quite complicated
    Logistics should be a bit easier with a post-able pedal though.  Unless people *want* to meet in a service station cafe of course

;)

£20 for a week seems a bit steep.  Maybe we make it £10 for a week, but with some sort of library (remember them) style additional contribution for anyone that doesn't move it on within the week.

Also, howasabouts we have some sort of competition to win ownership.  Everyone who has it for the week records & posts something (SoundCloud) and we have a forum vote for the winner?

We're trying to be a bit more creative (rather than just having another raffle) to raise a little bit of ££s towards the costs of this place.  Although that does mean that the poor puppy would be out of a job.

:(
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Service station cafes? My handovers were a library car park and a MacDonalds car park in the snow, actually going inside a cafe would have been luxury...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24864
    £20 to hire a pedal?

I presume £15 of that is a refundable security deposit?

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

No-one's going to want to venture into Margate, so I'm out.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd be up for it. I remember a BYOC Tonebender going on a tour of Zeppelin.com forum members. I think the diary idea is great - some pics of it at gigs and on people's boards as well as any recordings. 

What about everyone signing/tagging or decorating it in some way to make it really unique? (ZVEX etc.). 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• No-one's going to want to venture into Margate, so I'm out.

Apart from Chas and Dave of course :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited December 2014
    Would a Behringer tuner take being posted more than the once?
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The point isn't the price to hire the pedal, the point is to raise funds for the forum.  The pedal is just a reward/incentive for donating.  I don't think TFB is starting a pedal rental business here.  £20 might be a high suggested donation though, but that is a different issue to the one of the pedal idea IMO.

No-one's going to want to venture into Margate, so I'm out.

Not even your postman @chillidoggy - this should be a pedal process, unless people actually want to meet up of course. 
    We have something quite nice ... and possibly a little more robust :)
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31148
    I'm in as long as it's a digitech bad monkey

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    20 quid all in, or 20 plus postage?

If it's a Strymon Big Sky I'm in.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Gassage said:
    I'm in as long as it's a digitech bad monkey

In which case, I'm not lending mine out............ :D

Next time I see Monq or Tony, I'll make a donation, but I don't want to join in the pedal pass-round (I have enough trouble using all of my own).

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16071
    make it a BAD MONKEY and it can walk to each of our houses
    tae be or not tae be
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4068
    TTony said:
    We're trying to be a bit more creative (rather than just having another raffle) to raise a little bit of ££s towards the costs of this place.
    I'm cool with a raffle.  You know where you are with a raffle:  chuck your cash in, cross your fingers; no faff.  Not keen on the pedal whirlygig idea meself (and can't run to £20 tbh). 

Slightly tangential (so ignore if necessary) but back in the day on Blue Peter they had a sort of "thermometer" thing to show how much had been raised and how much was to go.  (I think you had to send in beer bottle tops or something.)  And on Kickstarter you see where the target goal is.  Which is cool if it's met but probably not so cool if it's not.  Which is an incredibly long-winded way of saying are targets a good idea?
  • The thing with the pedal tour is that collectively people would be giving an awful lot to royal mail (i guess a fiver on £20 entry fee that's a fifth of all money being taxed by the postman).

Mind you I still haven't donated (ahem) so who am I to complain about how you do it. 

I reckon the raffle is a better idea, set your price, allow one entry per person and then off you go.

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ