What's the forum record for the most amount spent on a pedal for the least amount of use?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    DannyP said:
    Deijavoo said:
    £650.

When I was 15 my mum took me to New York and I had that much saved up. I wanted a Les Paul and could afford it. 

However I'd just joined a band and we covered "Wide Open Space" by Mansun. A Digitech RP20 recreated that sound AND had a valve in it so as to never need to take my backline to a gig ever again! 

I got like 3 mins on this thing with the salesman and my mum stood over me so I bought it. This was the Manny's which had a huge rep but they actually gave me the totally wrong adaptor and I hadn't even considered the plug issue. 

Got the relevant adaptors etc... played a gig and it was shite. It sat in a box thereafter and I sold it for £80 a year or so later. 
    Wow, that's a good one.

That story gave me a real twinge of empathy cos it's exactly the kind of crap that happens when you're 15!
    I ever invent or have a mate that invents a time machine which can only be used once; that's the moment for me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7816
    edited December 2014
    Boss GT5 for ca. £500, I could never get the patches to have nice matched levels, I spent a month with it trying desperately to get it to do what I wanted but never got there - switched to individual select FX and never looked at it again till I traded it in this summer after about 10 years of it sitting in a box. Got 5£0 for it :(

thining back I was 20 at the time and that was over 50% of a months wages! Yikes!
  • I once traded a Marshall power brake for a small stone phaser!