(Now a NPD Post) - Which Delay Pedals have LEDs that blink in time, and tap tempo?

What's Hot

Comments

• Lots of nice delay pedals mentioned here, so thanks all

I'd love an El Cap, or a Timeline, or an Empress.....but for this I'm just after a bog standard delay with a blinky light.....so it looks like @EricTheWeary 's suggestion fits the bill, and cheaper than I had expected....so wisdom for him.

Somewhere in a big German distribution centre a warehouse management system has just pinged into life...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11939
    Panther Cub too.
  • Yes I've been on the same quest so I'll be checking that one out too. Shame the T Rex is a bit big though :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  •  Shame the T Rex is a bit big though :)
    100mm wide with the jacks at the top....so that'd take up less width than a DD7 with a separate tap tempo switch,

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Thing with the DD7 is you can have the switch at the front of your board or on the floor, and keep the DD7 at the back of the board. Works well. Don't think I could use a delay without external tap tempo these days.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited December 2014
    Drew_fx said:
    Thing with the DD7 is you can have the switch at the front of your board or on the floor, and keep the DD7 at the back of the board. Works well. Don't think I could use a delay without external tap tempo these days.
    I get that, but for me I've set my board up so the front row is all FX loop pedals (chorus, boost, delay, verb). Apart from the verb all those are turned on/off mid song more often than the pedals I have upfront of my amp, which are on the back row. So that format suits me well.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2934
    Solid choice, IMO. I've not tried the playback, but since I got my T Rex delay I don't think I'll be looking back.
  • I picked up a Way Huge Supa Puss a couple of weeks ago - it's easily the most musical delay I've heard, and has joined the Liquid Sunshine in tonal calibre. The fact that it's stupidly versatile, compact, and has tap-tempo too is a bonus! :)
  • I picked up a Way Huge Supa Puss a couple of weeks ago - it's easily the most musical delay I've heard, and has joined the Liquid Sunshine in tonal calibre. The fact that it's stupidly versatile, compact, and has tap-tempo too is a bonus! :)
    and a Way huge price tag too LOL
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Diamond Memory Lane JR is another one..
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• The tc electronic nova repeater definitely blinks in time as does the flashback x4, but obviously that is quite a bit bigger
  • The tc electronic nova repeater definitely blinks in time as does the flashback x4, but obviously that is quite a bit bigger

Yeah, I have a Alter Ego x4 on my big board, and I used to have that Nova Delay before that. Both not quite right for my simple gigging needs.
  • hotpickups;433638" said:
    guitargeek62 said:

I picked up a Way Huge Supa Puss a couple of weeks ago - it's easily the most musical delay I've heard, and has joined the Liquid Sunshine in tonal calibre. The fact that it's stupidly versatile, compact, and has tap-tempo too is a bonus! :)

and a Way huge price tag too LOL
    Not really, it's only £30 more than the Moog Minifooger, but has a lot more sounds available. Besides, I bought it used for a (relative) bargain price. ;)
  • A parcel has arrived.
  • wheres the picture with Asterix? Oh, wait... 8-}
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    edited December 2014
    wheres the picture with Asterix? Oh, wait... 8-}
    I am dead jealous of your little Gaul
    edited December 2014
    Here it is. http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj563/not_the_dj/81B772E8-DF19-457F-A3AB-F4E61AEB1DC3_zpsaq5ix714.jpg Does just what I want. I had a Carbon Copy on my gigging board but wanted tap tempo...and I like a blinky light in time with the taps. 

Having a play with the tone and bite knobs as they both seem to do a similar thing (make the repeats darker). Apart from that it's all pretty intuitive and seems well screwed together, although the battery door on the base sticks out proud of the base plate so that might cause minor issues when I remove the rubber feet and Velcro it on my board.
  • TC Electronic repeater? Easy to use, has lots of options and sounds good. Also you can pick them up pretty cheaply now new if you look around. 
  • TC Electronic repeater? Easy to use, has lots of options and sounds good. Also you can pick them up pretty cheaply now new if you look around. 

I used to have the Nova Delay. Anyway got the T-Rex now.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    How does it sound NTDJ?