You've just had your latest oncology scans and are awaiting the results..

What's Hot
BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
edited December 2014 in Off Topic

...then you visit your GP for an unrelated issue, and he suggests 'you make peace with your maker'

Now, call me sensitive, but in the brief ten seconds I had to rationalise this as a coincidence, my first thought was I've not played my SG custom since buying it.  Misplaced priorities,or do I need some new 'normal' pills ? -  indeed, he may have even let the cat out of the bag !!!

Still, I should know in ten days time when I see Dr Death (the name for my consultant), meanwhile I'm going to play the SG  lol

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Play that SG like you stole it for at least the next 10 days.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Co-incidentally, I also have an SG Custom which I've only played about twice in the 6 years I've had it. I hope there isn't a pattern emerging.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24864
    Complain about the doctor for being insensitive and unprofessional.

Get compensation.

Spend it on hookers.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Co-incidentally, I also have an SG Custom which I've only played about twice in the 6 years I've had it. I hope there isn't a pattern emerging.
    If you start pissing blood, pick up the SG ;)

Co-incidentally, earlier this year, I did.

It's SG-time!

• best wishes mate ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719

...then you visit your GP for an unrelated issue, and he suggests 'you make peace with your maker'

Now, call me sensitive, but in the brief ten seconds I had to rationalise this as a coincidence, my first thought was I've not played my SG custom since buying it.  Misplaced priorities,or do I need some new 'normal' pills ? -  indeed, he may have even let the cat out of the bag !!!

Still, I should know in ten days time when I see Dr Death (the name for my consultant), meanwhile I'm going to play the SG  lol

Some GPs are tools, I often heard "not dead yet? come back in two weeks"...

Call you sensitive? You'd need to be in total denial to be waiting such important results without trepidation. I really hope the results are good ... and that the GPs children grow up aspiring to be drummers...
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • frankus said:
    .I really hope[...] GPs children grow up aspiring to be drummers...
    Oh!, that's harsh !  ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    frankus said:
       and that the GPs children grow up aspiring to be drummers...
    Are PRS doing drumkits now?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4068
    edited December 2014
    Bogwhoppit said:

Still, I should know in ten days time... meanwhile I'm going to play the SG

I'm guessing that may seem like a long ten days.  This is probably goes without saying but if you want to post meaningless or meaningful thoughts about how you're doing then make a thread, maybe in SD, or whatever and type whatever you want; it's this kind of of forum and it's okay.  (We've dealt with Holn's bum; errant gfs, acne, all sorts... we're fucking experts!)

On the subject of your insensitive GP:  maybe, if and only if you feel ready, tell him what his words did.  If his brain is working he will appreciate it.  I had a patient, (I'm not a doctor but I picked up something important going on in my patient which my patient's doctor had missed), and I handled it all wrong.  The good bit was I called it right and got the patient to the right consultant; the bad bit was I was incredibly insensitive to the patient but didn't realise it -- until the patient bumped into me again months later and told me straight how my words had hurt.  I was mortified, but I took the lesson.  Your GP might need that lesson too.  Dunno.
    :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16071
    edited December 2014

hope you are good Bro  :)

tae be or not tae be
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    All the best mate and I hope your news, when it comes, is good.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971

Imagine how Wilko Johnson's GP feels ...

And I bet Wilko went home and thrashed a Tele or two.  So have fun with the SG.

:)

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • I hope everything turns out ok for you. Seems a strange thing to say to someone who hasn't had results yet.

Either way, do what makes you happy, and spend as much time as possible with those you love.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I would definitely make a complaint!
    My V key is broken
  • If nothing else, mention it to "Dr Death". The medical world is fairly small, so there's half a chance he already knows your GP, or at least had some sort of interaction with him in the course of their work. Oncologists and other doctors who deal with cancer patients regularly are intensively trained in how best to deliver bad news and GPs, to the best of my knowledge, aren't, so your consultant probably has his own feelings about GPs "helping" in this way; feelings he may feel like communicating to your GP informally, if you know what I mean.

Also worth saying that while your GP may have seen the report on your scan he is probably not well placed to interpret it. Radiology reports are primarily factual, giving details of what can be seen on the scan and comparing that to any previous scans you've had. It almost certainly doesn't say anything about your prognosis.

I'm not a doctor, I'm an administrator involved in cancer care, so I really can't add anything constructive other than to say that having seen the other end of one or two similar situations you should probably ignore your GP. For all you know he just wanted to tell you the good news about Jesus Christ or something.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Lexie1Lexie1 Frets: 135
    Best wishes and positive vibes for the results.
    We went through this earlier in the year at Hinchinbrook and it amazed me how flippant some staff could be. Obviously they deal with this stuff day in, day out, but their patients don't. We were told that the results would be sent to us within 10 days, after 3 weeks had passed we rang them to be told that "Oh, you haven't heard from us? We cannot discuss the findings with you but urge you to contact your GP."

Hearts in mouth, ring GP, she rang back within 30 minutes to say that they hadn't heard anything either! By the end of that day we had the results and I am delighted to say it was the "All Clear".
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Best wishes, mate.
  • Best wishes. Use the next 10 days to do as much fun stuff as possible.
    Except face-sitting, it's been banned, apparently.