Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

BBC 1 now

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• NeilNeil Frets: 3705
    Actually looking at the pic above (not NG obviously) would you buy a vintage guitar/amp from faces like that? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1531
    ICBM said:
    impmann said:
    The Harrisons themselves are not fakers - they don't have the skills to do this, so they employed people to do this for them. These guys, who are VERY skilled in what they do/did, should be held accountable too.
    I would have to slightly disagree with that, since a lot of the fakes are not particularly well done. I am by no means that much of an expert, I've barely handled more than a few hundred vintage guitars or amps in my life, but many of the fakes are so obvious to me it defies belief that anyone could have genuinely tried to pass them off as the real thing.

Some of them are so laughable I have actually wondered whether the makers have done it deliberately in order to land the Harrisons in it when someone takes a closer look.
    Sorry to re-bump an old thread. Just watched this on youtube. See it here:

I think there was a sense of humor in some of the fakery, intentional or not who knows? I once spotted some fake pre-rola speakers with 25th Dec date codes on them (xmas day). It must have felt like xmas when they sold the amp! a marshall bluebreaker.

Have to agree there was little in the way of skill involved from the fakes I have seen. These are very obvious fakes to anyone with an ounce of experience. Like the guy at the end of the video says, you should always do your research before forking out that kind of money.

I remember a few years ago they were listing quite a lot of fake marshall cabs on ebay. Holy grail stuff that was too good to be true. I know a guy in Italy that bought one and sent it back.

• TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    Well unless I'm mistaken, it seems they're still at it according to this listing -

http://denmarkstreetonline.co.uk/categories/394/Music-Ground/
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31251
    @theotherdennis

Nothing there...what item?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73153
    It's sad to read their "previous and regular clients" list, which includes many musicians I admire, and wonder how badly they've been ripped off over the years. In my opinion the Harrisons are fundamentally dishonest - the sort of people who can never make a fair deal, they always need to be taking an extra cut in some way.

Even anything that's 100% genuine will be overpriced or have some other kickback - someone I know did buy an old Fender from them which as far as I can tell really is all-original, but they still stiffed him on the case - the original was in the pics, but when it arrived it was a reissue. They will have sold the original for more money, of course.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    Erm, just this bit -

Music Ground

Music Ground are the UKs No.1 Vintage Guitar Dealer. With over 4 decades of experience dealing with some of the world highest priced instruments our market knowledge, experience and product knowledge is second to none.

With a database of over 10,000 international clients we have the means to source the dream guitar or amplifier for our customers.

We also buy. Music Ground offer competitive rates for all vintage equipment no matter how obscure. We also offer consignment and brokered sales. from Aria to Zemaitis we have scoured the world purchasing some of the finest guitars known to man.

Please direct all vintage enquiries to:

justin@londonvintageguitars.com

Our previous and regular clients include:

Rolling Stones, ZZ Top, Cozy Powell, The Killers, Suzi Quatro, Coldplay, Gary Moore, Franz Ferdinand, Jimmy Page, Buddy Miller, Brian Setzer,  Eric Johnson, Texas, Big Country, Bill Nelson,  The Cardigans, The Hellecasters, Travis, Albert Lee, The Wedding Present, Chumbawamba, Albert King, Primal Scream, Living Colour,  The Hamsters, Canned Heat, Cast, Oasis, The Beatles, Charlatans, U2, Van Halen, Guns 'n' Roses, Bon Jovi, Stone Roses, Eric Clapton, The Seahorses, Emmylou Harris, World Party, Manic Street Preachers, , Supergrass, Blur, The Cure, Inspiral Carpets, The Bluetones, Johnny Marr, The Hollies, Chuck Berry, The La's, Mansun, Johnny Lee Hooker, Chris Rea, The Smiths, The Stranglers, The Shadows, The Amazing Blondell, John Parr, The Soup Dragons, Terrorvision, The Verve, Speedy, Edwin Collins , Ace of Bass, Steeleye Span, Bryan Adams, EMF, Suzanne Vega, The Cranberries, Embrace, Dave Gilmour, The Boomtown Rats, Saxon, Henry Rollins Band, Mike Harding, Hurricane #1, Stiff Little Fingers, The Long Pigs, The The, Gordon Giltrap, The Supernaturals ...

If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Erm, just this bit -

Music Ground

Music Ground are the UKs No.1 Vintage Guitar Scammers. With over 4 decades of experience dealing with some of the world highest profile scams, our market knowledge, experience and product knowledge is second to none.

With a database of over 10,000 international clients we have the means to steal the dream guitar or amplifier for our customers.

We also buy stolen goods. Music Ground offer competitive rates for all stolen equipment no matter how obscure. We also offer consignment and broken sales. from Aria to Zemaitis we have scoured the world forging some of the finest guitars known to man.

Please direct all vintage enquiries to:

justin@londonvintageguitars.com

Artists we have ripped off include:

Rolling Stones, ZZ Top, Cozy Powell, The Killers, Suzi Quatro, Coldplay, Gary Moore, Franz Ferdinand, Jimmy Page, Buddy Miller, Brian Setzer,  Eric Johnson, Texas, Big Country, Bill Nelson,  The Cardigans, The Hellecasters, Travis, Albert Lee, The Wedding Present, Chumbawamba, Albert King, Primal Scream, Living Colour,  The Hamsters, Canned Heat, Cast, Oasis, The Beatles, Charlatans, U2, Van Halen, Guns 'n' Roses, Bon Jovi, Stone Roses, Eric Clapton, The Seahorses, Emmylou Harris, World Party, Manic Street Preachers, , Supergrass, Blur, The Cure, Inspiral Carpets, The Bluetones, Johnny Marr, The Hollies, Chuck Berry, The La's, Mansun, Johnny Lee Hooker, Chris Rea, The Smiths, The Stranglers, The Shadows, The Amazing Blondell, John Parr, The Soup Dragons, Terrorvision, The Verve, Speedy, Edwin Collins , Ace of Bass, Steeleye Span, Bryan Adams, EMF, Suzanne Vega, The Cranberries, Embrace, Dave Gilmour, The Boomtown Rats, Saxon, Henry Rollins Band, Mike Harding, Hurricane #1, Stiff Little Fingers, The Long Pigs, The The, Gordon Giltrap, The Supernaturals ...

Fixed it for you
    Stop crying, start buying
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom