Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Amp Aspirations 2015

What's Hot

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4202
    For my needs next year it will be buying the full version of Positive Grid's Bias desktop, actually very happy with my conventional amp setup...I must be ill  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • At this point, there aren't many places I can go. I have one amp with a great live sound (Jet City JCA50H) and one with an awesome sound (Soldano Decatone), so...really, all I really want is a Soldano cab. Probably a 2x12", but maybe a 4x12" if I also manage to get a car...

What I do really need is a hard case for the amp. It makes me nervous carting it round with just a soft cover.
    <space for hire>
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    To find something to give me very good Marshall rock tones at decent to very quiet volumes.
  • pickergpickerg Frets: 30
    edited December 2014
    Something tweed, like my Bassman clone but less overall power. Maybe 25 to 30 ish watts, 1x12 or 3x10 possibly. Or just a tweed deluxe type amp and mic it up. Yeah and maybe a Princeton to complement- 2015 could be a smaller amp year.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3335
    I think I'm sorted with my recent DRRI but I'm interested in the BluGuitar 1. Even if it's brilliant, I still think it needs to come down in price.
  • I'm committed to the path of small amps, and very happy with my recently acquired Laney. I'd mostly like some more time to actually play it.

That said, if someone asked me for a shopping list, it would be thus:
    Fender Princeton
    Cornell Romany Plus
    Cornford Carrera
    Badcat Cub 15R mk3
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    underdog said:
    To find something to give me very good Marshall rock tones at decent to very quiet volumes.
    That's the only thing I would be interested in too. My main amp is sorted but occasionally I'd like some gainy Marshall tones. Maybe a DSL5C me thinks.........
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    To finally take delivery of my Thornton Amps, 'Dexter' head serial number 001.....

Watch this space people, it's gonna be interesting
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    would like to trade up from my Blues jr to a more Fendery Fender, either a Princeton or something tweedy. As I can't see the Blues jr. selling, not much will happen I guess ... 

• No new ones. Overhauls if needed, plus sort out protection in transit: flight cases, roqsolid, home made cardboard slipover covers as appropriate.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    dindude;437580" said:
    underdog said:

That's the only thing I would be interested in too. My main amp is sorted but occasionally I'd like some gainy Marshall tones. Maybe a DSL5C me thinks.........
    Next step on my quest is Marshall sl5 and convert to head and cab. Not so much for the slash connection but it has good cleans, 2 channel and 1 watt switch.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    edited December 2014
    @Paul_c and @hotpickups whilst a Blues Cube 60 may be looming on my horizon I still fancy a Koch Jupiter ( hybrid rather than strictly SS) for about the same money but Koch distribution limits it to one shop in the UK but similar price and, well, looks better although not as light. You had any other alternatives in mind?
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • http://images.thomann.de/pics/prod/262804.jpg Try again - one of these. Currently £456 on Thomann.
  • @Paul_c and @hotpickups whilst a Blues Cube 60 May be looming on my horizon I still fancy a Koch Jupiter ( hybrid rather than strictly SS) for about the same money but Koch distribution limits it to one shop in the UK but similar price and, well, looks better although not as light. You had any other alternatives in mind?
    Hmm I'd rather have the customer service of a company who has multiple dealers to be honest 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscream;436840" said:
    At this point, there aren't many places I can go. I have one amp with a great live sound (Jet City JCA50H) and one with an awesome sound (Soldano Decatone), so...really, all I really want is a Soldano cab. Probably a 2x12", but maybe a 4x12" if I also manage to get a car...

What I do really need is a hard case for the amp. It makes me nervous carting it round with just a soft cover.
    @digitalscream

PM me dimensions - or cross check them against the largest dimensions each way on a Blackstar 104 EL34 and Laney IRT120h as that was the case spec.

I've got a flight case I am not using, bought from flightcase warehouse (the proper FCW case not a Spider). Would sell it but haven't got an idea what postage would be. I can take pics if you're interested - IIRC it has cosmetic wear to the corners but is otherwise ok.

• @Paul_c and @hotpickups whilst a Blues Cube 60 May be looming on my horizon I still fancy a Koch Jupiter ( hybrid rather than strictly SS) for about the same money but Koch distribution limits it to one shop in the UK but similar price and, well, looks better although not as light. You had any other alternatives in mind?
    Hmm I'd rather have the customer service of a company who has multiple dealers to be honest 

Good point.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7847
    My desire for the Blues Cube is to have a reliable SS amp which avoids the hassle of buying valves but still sounds close enough to one that I don't wish I'd bought an AC15 instead.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Ditto :)
    Paul_C;439089" said:
    My desire for the Blues Cube is to have a reliable SS amp which avoids the hassle of buying valves but still sounds close enough to one that I don't wish I'd bought an AC15 instead.
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Nothing, except possibly a backup head (probably a TubeMeister 18 or 36), and maybe a cover for the cab.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11918
    I have no GAS for amps this minute.  I can't think of anything that i want to do that I can't do with my Bogner and mixed with my board.