Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Amp Aspirations 2015

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 31046
edited December 2014 in Amps
As per FX thread.

What's your thoughts for 2015?

Me- might go mono again as I always end up using Hiwatt. It just IS. I'm also very tempted to get an AC30...really have a hankering- I used to have a 1964 old one that belonged to Richard Thompson and it was lush.

Oh yeah, and a decent marshall like a JCM800 combo or 2554 sub 500 quid.

So I may, in time, offload the Princeton and Twinolux.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Mesa Lonestar. Well 2 of them so I have a backup. Still gonna keep the Budda and the Super Bass but the main amp will be a Lonestar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1625
    Absolutely none, thankfully. Am totally happy.

Maybe a Carr Skylark.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Would love a Twin that didn't weigh a tonne!

Failing that, want to try out the new Supro range of amps as a second to my Orange.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Laney IRT Studio head and upgrade my cab to something with V30's. I have the cheap Harley Benton 212 atm, may just end up with the v30 version! I'd LOVE a Zilla Fatboy or vertical ENGL 212 though. 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    None! :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31046
    Would love a Twin that didn't weigh a tonne!

Failing that, want to try out the new Supro range of amps as a second to my Orange.
    Ever thought of a 2 x 12 Cornell Romany?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Try and find an EQ setting on my Mesa Stiletto that doesnt strip the paint of the walls
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Drew_fx;435907" said:
    None! :)
    Yep...thats me too.

edited December 2014
    Posting on behalf of @hubobulous :

"In 2015 i will sell my amps...they're rubbish anyway...and i will buy a Laney Klipp or Supergroup, then i will deprogram myself; stop playing EVH/Via/Satriani solo's and start to play big fat riffs...then maybe, just maybe, I can be like Sam"

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Posting on behalf of @samzadgan

"I lied above. 2015 will be an exciting year for me. Whilst busting hymen with my Marshall is surely fun, I'm going to spend a little introspective time culminating in an acceptance and admittance that I am obsessed by @Hubobulous. His Suhr amp still haunts my mids-infested dreams. The thump of the 1x12 makes any guitar play like butter, even my Hello Kitty strat. Such is my infatuation, I may just have to emmigrate and learn the wizadry of tapping, the alchemy of soloing and how to spell 'they're'."
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited December 2014
    Ahhhhh you pair o' Roland Cube nonces.
  • Posting on behalf of myself.......

I'm really interested in the Suhr Hedgehog and SL67. Both need a royal shitload of saving for, and obviously I need to try them out, but with those two in addition to what I already have, I'd probably be setup for all needs. And when I say 'needs', I think you know what I mean!!
    edited December 2014
    Posting on behalf of @samzadgan

"I lied above. 2015 will be an exciting year for me. Whilst busting hymen with my Marshall is surely fun, I'm going to spend a little introspective time culminating in an acceptance and admittance that I am obsessed by @Hubobulous. His Suhr amp still haunts my mids-infested dreams. The thump of the 1x12 makes any guitar play like butter, even my Hello Kitty strat. Such is my infatuation, I may just have to emmigrate and learn the wizadry of tapping, the alchemy of soloing and how to spell 'they're'."
    sometimes....you just go too far....
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12697
    I'd like to expand the amp collection a little... an old WEM would be nice, plus an AC30 (a proper, Dartford Road one) and perhaps something small and unusual...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Something that doesn't blow up every other gig. A world of SS amps awaits me...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgan said:

Yeah, the dig at your spelling was out of line. I apologise.
    samzadgan said:

Yeah, the dig at your spelling was out of line. I apologise.
    don't know what you're talking about...what spelling issue??
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319

If I end up joining a more 'full-time' band on bass, I shall be treating myself to a 6x10 at least, likely an 8x10, and an amp to drive it. Likely Ashdown ABM or similar; I've never had a 'fridge' of my own onstage and if I die without owning one I shall feel I've failed somehow.

If I end up gigging on six-string, depends how my Fender Studio Lead holds up live; may try to track down a second one if it sounds as good as it does at home.

• samzadgan;435919" said:
    [quote="Drew_fx;435907"]None! :)
    Yep...thats me too.
    [/quote]
    And me....
  • A custom made mjw. :)