Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Song(s) You Always Skip

What's Hot

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6936
    gusman2x;438482" said:
    Iamnobody said:

RocknRollDave;438374" said:The first track on Technique by New Order...think it's called Fine Time. Just doesn't fit with the rest of the album, IMO.

GnR - Appetite For Destruction. I always skip, yes you guessed it, Sweet Child O' Mine and Paradise City.

I usually skip Mysterious Ways by U2, be it on Achtung Baby itself or a live DVD..just an icky song for me.

I usually skip U2, be it on the car radio, TV, Internet or implanted on my iPhone...

Radiohead - The Bends

Track 1 - Planet Telex

Shite opener that could be enough to put you off the whole album.

@Iamnobody What!? Planet Telex is amazing. There isn't a ad track on The Bends. Crazy time.
    It's not an opener for me. If it was towards the end of the album I would be less inclined to skip it.

I wouldn't call it a bad song necessarily but it's one of the least strongest tunes for this listener.

Hence I always skip it!

Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    Neil Young - Cortez The Killer - any album it's on.

It's just a crap song. I usually love most of Neil's songwriting too - although to be fair, there are a few whole albums I skip… Landing On Water, Re-Ac-Tor, Greendale for example - although Greendale is the other way round, it's terrible except for the last song 'Be The Rain', which is great.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I usually skip Mysterious Ways by U2, be it on Achtung Baby itself or a live DVD..just an icky song for me.
    It's Trying to Throw Your Arms Around The World for me. Just doesn't work at all imo
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited December 2014
    The first track on Technique by New Order...think it's called Fine Time. Just doesn't fit with the rest of the album, IMO.

How weird. I was just walking down the street when that song for no reason whatsoever popped into my head. Then I read this...

FWIW I have always loved it since it came out. 

What I'm more worried about is that I seem to be psychically linked to Dave somehow. 

I usually skip Mysterious Ways by U2, be it on Achtung Baby itself or a live DVD..just an icky song for me.
    It's Trying to Throw Your Arms Around The World for me. Just doesn't work at all imo

Now I'm no fan of U2 but I do like both of those tracks. In fact Achtung Baby is something I never listen to at all now because I listened to it to death when it came out, but I loved it from start to finish. 

For me I have two that spring to mind. 

First is Guns in the Sky by INXS, which is a bit of a dirge and blots the copybook on a classic album. 

Then there's a Jeff Beck track on the Guitar Shop album, a cod-reggae, tuneless, meandering snoozathon called Behind the Veil. If I'm ever tempted to listen to that album (admittedly not very often) that's one I skip with pleasure. Unfortunately when I've seen him live he's insisted on playing it, which normally signals the time when I go for a toilet break. 
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6237
    Side one of Tubular Bells... 
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gusman2x said:

Easy, any Lou Barlow songs on any Dinosaur Jr albums. Ruins them.

Me too!

Within You Without You - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
    Love You To - Revolver

Why did they let George stick these incongruous sitar riddled tracks on otherwise great LPs?
    Link to my trading feedback
  • d'yer mak'er

+1 on Guns in the Sky @skarloey - I remember my dad taking exception to the "It's a load of sh*t" lyrics when playing it in the car on the way back from the shops. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

@mudslide73

We could make a conpilation of Zep duffers:

Moby Dick
    Hats off to Roy Harper
    Dyer Maker
    The Crunge (crap title as well)
    Boogie with Stu
    That depressing blues one at the end of Presence
    Hot Dog
    South Bound Suarez
    That lifeless blues one off the end of ITTOD.

Irvine out
    ;)
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3109
    edited December 2014
    Not long now I don't think @skarloey , he seemed really down post match on Saturday. Dr Evil was there to see it all too.

Zep additions:

I'm not keen on the studio version of You Shook Me either compared to the live versions of the time. Not keen on much of ITTOD really. I also skip Four Sticks if I'm honest. 

I like Tea for One and I'm Gonna Crawl for their "what heroin does to a guitar player" value. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• I always thought I was in a very small club having D'yer Maker as my favourite Zep track and now I know it...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I always thought I was in a very small club having D'yer Maker as my favourite Zep track and now I know it...
    It's my wife's favourite Led Zep track.
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    I always thought I was in a very small club having D'yer Maker as my favourite Zep track and now I know it...
    "Boogie With Stu" is the only thing they did that wasn't shit.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    yay!

:)

I think the only Zep track that doesn't get my wife and kids reaching for the off button is Kashmir, for no obvious reason.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    EricTheWeary;438941" said:
    I always thought I was in a very small club having D'yer Maker as my favourite Zep track and now I know it...
    WTF?!

This has given me an idea for a thread.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    I always thought I was in a very small club having D'yer Maker as my favourite Zep track and now I know it…
    It's not my favourite, but I do like it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Eric's your wife?

:-O

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23587
    At the moment I am skipping

"Rock the Blues Away" by AC/DC on the Rock or Bust album! Because it's just... not that good. It sounds like a poor demo version of "Anything Goes" from the Black Ice album :( 

That's a bloody awful song.  To me it falls into that wishy-washy lightweight rock'n'roll (as opposed to rock) category as played by Bob Seger, Springsteen, Bon Jovi (in their "Noo Joisey" moments mode) etc.

That said, I'm not really a track-skipper, I nearly always listen to whole albums.

There is a track called "Baptized by Fire" on Winger's second album where Kip Winger does some embarrassing pseudo-rapping.  I used to skip that but over the years I've just got used to it.

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Philly_Q said:
    Winger
    You need to skip more than the track.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23587
    I'm never going to be ashamed of being a Winger fan.  >:D<
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I always skip Pulling Teeth on Kill 'Em All. 

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread