Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Song(s) You Always Skip

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    How did I forget… the last two tracks (Not Now John and Two Suns In The Sunset) on Pink Floyd's 'The Final Cut'. Perhaps because I deleted them from my iTunes library.

The odd thing is that back in the day, I possibly liked these two tracks best - but unlike the rest of the album, which went through a period of sounding dated but then gained increasing resonance with the years, these two now just sound out of place and spoil the album, which should end with the title track.

Also, if you've got the remaster with When The Tigers Broke Free on it, skip that and put it where it belongs - as a prequel to The Wall, not stuck between One Of The Few and The Hero's Return, where it doesn't fit.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    ICBM said:
    How did I forget… the last two tracks (Not Now John and Two Suns In The Sunset) on Pink Floyd's 'The Final Cut'. Perhaps because I deleted them from my iTunes library.

The odd thing is that back in the day, I possibly liked these two tracks best - but unlike the rest of the album, which went through a period of sounding dated but then gained increasing resonance with the years, these two now just sound out of place and spoil the album, which should end with the title track.
    Quite ironic that as, having long since got rid of my vinyl copy, those are the only two tracks that I've downloaded. I love them both.

Mind you, I guess I agree with you that they don't fit on the album, but that's mainly because they're good, and the rest of the album is one long tedious meandering whinge in desperate need of editing.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    mart said:
    Quite ironic that as, having long since got rid of my vinyl copy, those are the only two tracks that I've downloaded. I love them both.

Mind you, I guess I agree with you that they don't fit on the album, but that's mainly because they're good, and the rest of the album is one long tedious meandering whinge in desperate need of editing.
    I used to think that too, but now it's one of my favourite Pink Floyd albums, and in my opinion Roger Waters' greatest writing. (If not as strong as some of the others musically.)

You're in good company though, Gilmour didn't like it either :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• The ones that spring to mind:

Vera and Bring the boys back home on the Wall

Get in the ring on Use your Illusion 2

Territorial Pissings on Nevermind