Broke by dose...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2916
    Both my brothers have cracked my conk over the years :-/

Painful stuff. I had to go for a job interview with 2 shiners - our kid was preparing to box for England so was getting loads of extra sparring - needless to say i didnt last long :-(

Had to explain to these two ladies in the interview that i wasn't a thug like ...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    frankus;438584" said:
    It wasn't a big hit, I've got a slightly wonky nose at which I think is just bruising.

It didn't bleed that much.

I guess if I'm worried about it I should go to the ENT - it's just our local doesn't have an MRI or ought.

The guy I see was a 3rd Dan in Goju Ryu so at least I'd pick up a few tips for counters.
    Stop the karate and learn some western boxing ;)

(Didnt help me funnily enough)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12459
    Fuck going to hospital, If I broke my nose the first thing I would do is go to the train station purely to as for a "First class dicket do Dottingham"
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    Not sure if I broke mine or not.

Someone's shoulder collided with my nose at a Motorhead show in Southampton a couple of years ago.   There was a proper "crunch" sound/feel and pretty intense pain - no claret though. Got home afterwards and had a bit of a bump and the wife noticed my profile had changed a bit!

Woke up the following morning with minor shiners underneath both eyes and a slightly smaller bump but a very tender nose. Three years on, the bump is still there but much smaller/less noticable.

:shrugs:
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    @ICBM. I know exactly what that feels like. I was in some hideous Costa place visiting my brother in law and some 17 year old in a Newcastle Utd shirt ran up to me screaming "Spanish Cunt" and punched me in the mouth. ( I was speaking Spanish to my brother in law). Where the fuck to these idiots come from. I was somewhat less restrained in my response than you were though and gave him a brief but effective demonstration as to why 9 stone neds should not punch 13 stone chaps at random. He actually said sorry, I thought you were Spanish as if that would make it OK.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited December 2014
    blueskunk;439398" said:

Stop the karate and learn some western boxing ;)

(Didnt help me funnily enough)

Thing is when I say Karate, most people think of people in white pyjamas regimented and practising really lame strikes on the count, or 5 step sparring, we don't really do that. We practise combinations lots, but that's because a vocabulary is useful in a stressful situation. More of our time is spent sparring, a combination of a bad back, meaning people don't need to stay away from my legs as much and a crap guard as a result of that, and this chap being new and keen, it was his grading not mine ;) (I tell myself that's all it is - he's good)...(I'm jealous).

But yes my guard is evidently shit :D

I've just started at gymbox and one of my goals was a better guard position. My Krate instructor has told me I can either go more mobile (but I need to improve my fitness) or behave more like a heavyweight (and get stronger), I was hoping to have that discussion with the boxing coach at the gym when I get to do his class - they're on a Thursday and I've not managed to go for two weeks, he's not the kinda guy I'd like to piss off...
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    frankus said:
    It wasn't a big hit, I've got a slightly wonky nose at which I think is just bruising.

It didn't bleed that much.

I guess if I'm worried about it I should go to the ENT - it's just our local doesn't have an MRI or ought.

The guy I see was a 3rd Dan in Goju Ryu so at least I'd pick up a few tips for counters.

haa.. I did Goju Ryu when I was a kid.. loved it..

I trained under Sensei George Andrews at the Marble Factory in SE London.. he's pretty well known in Goju Ryu circles [although I didn't know that at the time]..

play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    My teacher was an old school Karate guy back in the day. He moved over to Thai (master a) , jkd (Guro Dan Inosanto ) and never looked back.

You anywhere near Bob Breen?

Great guy and a great school :)
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I went and saw an expert this lunchtime and it turns out I need...

to duck and weave a fair bit more. :)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?