Superfuses from Russ Andrews.

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 5022
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    hellfire - there must be some really really stupid people out there!
  • As I mentioned on Facebook...surely if a fuse has been through any kind of "burn-in" process (much less a Super one), it's no longer actually going to be of any use to anyone?

You'd have to be a special kind of idiot to buy something like this.
    <space for hire>
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12509
    digitalscream;439261" said:
    As I mentioned on Facebook...surely if a fuse has been through any kind of "burn-in" process (much less a Super one), it's no longer actually going to be of any use to anyone?

You'd have to be a special kind of idiot to buy something like this.
    But, but.... how can you say that? They're made from unicorn hooves by leprechauns and hand dusted with pixie dust!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WTF !!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • jesonejesone Frets: 64
    Think I've just found the name for my new band. 
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    "Many listeners laughed out loud when they heard the size of the improvement!"

I'll bet they did. Except for the ones who'd actually paid £25 for one of these. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    edited December 2014
    Presumably the only logical place for this to go, is for Russ to supply every conductor in the chain between the piece of hi fi equipment and the generator....

Farcical....
  • "I note a considerable increase in volume and a deeper bass which seems more controlled. Separation between instruments and detail is also greatly improved. Thank you once again for a great product."

Never knew a fuse could control your EQ, volume and mix.
    :D
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    jesone said:
    Think I've just found the name for my new band. 
    It was also the code word used for a successful attack on Port Stanley airfield by the Vulcan bomber during the Falklands war.

So nil points for originality either, Mr. Andrews...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• If you're really serious about your sound you need to have a look here.

http://www.glodark.com/audio/unique.htm

;)
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    £25 for a fuse? A fuse? Does it suck your cock as well or something?

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• hobbio;439989" said:
    Does it suck your cock as well or something?
    No but you can shove it up your arse (Russ).
  • How long is the training to work for trading standards so I can go after these guys?

It's down right criminal in my eyes, I know alot of businesses rely on assymetrical information, but this is mad.
  • You just know that Russ has hooked up with a company in China and he's buying these fuses at £300 for 5000 on Alibaba.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    What an absolute crock of shit.

He should be prosecuted then tarred and feathered.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5022
    Come on guys, lighten up.  FFS nobody in their right mind would contemplate purchasing such stuff.  

@johnnyurg, you don't HAVE to buy one of these SuperFuses.  It is OK not to buy one so calm down.

Are we audio guys not allowed a bit of fun?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8120
    Russ Andrews has been ripping off the gullible for years. He's made a great living out of the hifi guys.

Marlin
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    It always starts as just a bit of fun, but before long someone is bound to get hurt.

:D

I have a better idea. Since it's presumably the resistance of a standard fuse which causes the degradation of the audio signal, or possibly the solder joints at the end where the fuse wire is attached to the caps, I propose to make fuses out of solid silver (the metal with the lowest resistance) rods, turned down to the required diameter for fuse wire in the middle and encased in resin/glass or whatever. Unit cost shouldn't be much more than a hundred quid or so probably, and being made of pure silver I reckon the marketing advantage should mean they can sell for several times that.

:)

If anyone knows why this won't actually produce a fuse with lower resistance, don't spoil the fun yet ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• If you don't fancy a fuse - have a look here:

http://pwbelectronics.co.uk/bh.html
  • If you don't fancy a fuse - have a look here:

http://pwbelectronics.co.uk/bh.html
    I...just...can't...<pop>
    <space for hire>