Who is using the GigRig Generator and Isolator?

What's Hot

Comments

• Drew_fx;441401" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

Slightly off topic @drew_fx but what do you think of the Boss RV-5? Does it go 100% wet?

Pretty sure it can't do 100% wet when plugged into input A. If you plug into input B and output A, then you'll just get wet signal, but if you bypass the pedal you'll get silence.

fretmeister said:

Drew, I've tagged you in some FB pics of my PT2 with the Gigrig on it.

Thanks dude!!! Those look decent. Tells me exactly what I need to know.
    Ahh that's a pity. I quite enjoyed playing with loads of reverb earlier, and fancy a pedal.

And I'm still aiming for an all boss board, so... Maybe an earlier model does. I'll do some homework ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @robinbowes don't suppose that El Paso isn't getting used and you need rid of it?
  • You suppose correctly - I'm using it with my Tonebone Classic.

R.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11941
    I just had a look what I need to power mine.

I take it that a Timelord can only power a single Strymon unit?  
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Yeah that's right. Think its just above the ma that a timeline needs
    allicio;441605" said:
    Yeah that's right. Think its just above the ma that a timeline needs
    If I'm right then it'll costs like £500 to power mine with a voltage doubler, I think 2 distributors and 2 isolators, cables too. About 7 boxes in total?

• Just buy a cioks powerfactor2 or ciokolate instead of all the expensive add ons you need with the generator...
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Would you definately need two isolators? How many pedals are you powering?
    allicio;441642" said:
    Like 16?

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24660
    allicio;441642" said:
    Like 16?

Not every pedal needs isolating though. You might not need as many as you think.
    5 digital pedals - dpc 5, tuner, looper, timeline, Bigsky. Those should be isolated so I would need 2?
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Just buy a cioks powerfactor2 or ciokolate instead of all the expensive add ons you need with the generator...
    The ciokolate is 325 quid though!
    Cabicular;441810" said:
    Moe_Zambeek said:

Just buy a cioks powerfactor2 or ciokolate instead of all the expensive add ons you need with the generator...

The ciokolate is 325 quid though!
    I do have the Ciokolate and I think after looking into this the Gigrig not only works out 50%+ more expensive and will have far too many boxes.
  • Crikey didn't know the ciokolate was that much. The powerfactor 2 is 195 which isn't too bad.
    Moe_Zambeek;441850" said:
    Crikey didn't know the ciokolate was that much. The powerfactor 2 is 195 which isn't too bad.
    Was £280 blackfriday from Hotrox :)
  • Moe_Zambeek;441850" said:
    Crikey didn't know the ciokolate was that much. The powerfactor 2 is 195 which isn't too bad.
    That's still more than my pedal board and power supply!

Mind, I need one dedicated psu so it's not ideal. 

And if I put the QTron back (hopefully I won't, I'm looking for a DOD) it'll need two dedicated supplies. :( 

I probably want that DOD sooner rather than later.  :(
  • This thread does have me looking at other PSU's, but it's a lot of money to drop for me considering I only really have 2 (hopefully soon to be 1) awkward pedal.  

I'll be adding to my board in the next couple of months, so my Harley Benton won't have the juice for everything (need a good reverb, second clean delay and an envelope filter, hopefully one that's guitar and bass friendly). 

I also want a synth pedal of some sort, possibly treadly controllable.  Possibly an M5 on the horizon, or a Moog? That's way off, though. 
    Moe_Zambeek;441850" said:
    That's still more than my pedal board and power supply!

Mind, I need one dedicated psu so it's not ideal. 

And if I put the QTron back (hopefully I won't, I'm looking for a DOD) it'll need two dedicated supplies. :( 

I probably want that DOD sooner rather than later.  :(
    There is a point where you just have no choice but get something that can power it all or either lose pedals, run a separate wall wart for bigger pedals (I hate) or run 2 smaller PSU...not as tidy.  Looking closer, the Gigrig set up will costs £534 in parts without cables or the chart (£10).  The Ciokolate also has a 110-230v switch too.  Not that it will ever leave the country. 

The Ciokolate can power my board, with room to spare, a 400mA and 600mA slot still free and a AC socket.

• Yeah, the Qtron is 24V and awkward and the Blackstar is... Something, I don't know. 

But whether it's worth spending out is another matter altogether.  

I'll hopefully be replacing the QTron with a DOD FX25 :) then an extra digital delay and reverb... Possibly going to need something a bit bigger. 

I could use a new chorus, mine has an intermittent fault. :( Sounds the tits and all that, but occasionally silences things. Again, might get a DOD or possibly a vintage Boss, but that won't be hard to power. 
    You can get a voltage doubler for the Cioks too, so can make any 12v to 24v with it, but it does half the mA, so it would be 200mA, perhaps 300mA in socket 12 (not sure if it can do 9 or 15v or in between).  I used to use it on the DC-10 to power the Colour Box.