Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Drive Pedals That Preserve the Classic Telecaster Tone

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5187
    Greg Koch plays tele's and he had a lot to do with the Gristle King pedal
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17680
    tFB Trader
    Another vote for the Liquid Sunshine
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 617
    RAT
  • Rockett Blue Note & Chicken Soup, Nobels OD1, XTS Imperial & Precision Multi-Drive
    are all stellar with a tele - trust those Nashville guys 
    :)

Graeme.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Xotic BB or a Timmy
  • What amp do you use? 

I have found that having my map on the edge of break up and just using a boost to push my amp breaks it up really nicely on the 'both pickup' selection on my guitar.

if thats not an option i would say either a BB or RC booster 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4729
    edited December 2014
    This may seem an odd suggestion but I've been playing my Tele this week and really liked the break-up I've been getting with my Marshall Guvnr 2. With gain turned down to the lower half of the pedal its surprisingly transparent in all pup positions, and still sounds good as you raise the gain if you want more.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 147
    exocet said:

Liquid Sunshine is on my acquisition list - are there significant tonal differences between the different versions e.g. MK1, MK2, MK3 etc or are they all good? 
    I've had the Mk2 and Mk3. I never had both at the same time though, but I think I preferred the Mk 2, it's slightly lover gain compared to the Mk3 and on the Mk2 you have two gain controls that interact, takes a bit of playing with. The Mk3 is a bit simpler to use, with the empasife control (a fancy tone control really).
    picked up a 2nd hand Mk3 recently and I can agree with all thats said here. Keep the gain low and it just gives more of your original sound.
  • Soul Food.
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    edited December 2014
    not a tele player yet but as a cheap way to check the xotic tone look at the mooer pure n flex boosts  - translate into xotic RC and AC boosts apparently :-)

Ive got both and theyre in mooer ( sorry couldnt resist that ) exotic company on my board n really do deliver .. 

( pure )

( flex )
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom