NPD - Weeping Demon Wah

What's Hot
Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7853
I've not tried every wah available, but of the half dozen or so I have owned/played the WD7 is my favourite, it works brilliantly for bass (which is what I mostly want it for) and guitar.

As adjustable a wah as you could ever want and it sounds great :)

Not had time to plug it in yet (the Delaylab is still in its box too :( ), but I know what it's like so I'm a happy bunny :)
"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Good choice. Easily the best wah out there IMO.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7853
    I was concerned for a minute that I'd been sent the Jr. version, as the fairly big box it was shipped in felt quite light.

I opened the box and removed the WD7 in its box, which felt heavier, and when I took the wah out of the box it felt reassuringly weighty.

Peculiar !
  • The "great" thing about these compared to most other wahs is that you can actually stand on them without any fear of them breaking.

Mine didn't even creak when supporting my 15st self.
    <space for hire>
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24660
    I'm a big fan too. Stupidly I sold mine.

One day I'll get another one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm a big fan too. Stupidly I sold mine.

One day I'll get another one.
    Im pretty sure I bought your one on MR

Its not on the board any more but I am not daft enough to part with it ;-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17680
    tFB Trader
    I used to have a Weeping Demon. 

I got rid of it because it was too big and heavy for the board I had at the time. It's a fantastic wah, but probably more suited to rock lead than funky stuff. 

Personally I didn't find it any use for bass because it doesn't have enough headroom so it clipped horribly when used with an active bass. 

I often think about buying a Jr as I really like the instant on functionality despite the fact that my CAE sounds better.
  • I've said this before on here, it's a shame ibanez decided to give it a stupid name and made it look like a toy, I think they'd sell a lot more otherwise.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Sold mine, regretted it ever since.............
    It's a New Years Resolution to get another one.
    In stock (The last time i checked) at Woodbrass and Thomann.

Easily the best i have ever used / heard.

Personally I didn't find it any use for bass because it doesn't have enough headroom so it clipped horribly when used with an active bass. 

Strange, I never encountered any problems with an active bass (IIRC at the time I was using a MM Bongo) - I'll be using a self-built active bass this time too, so I shall report if I have any problems
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Excellent work Mr.C. I loves me a WD, funnily I love it for Hendrixy stuff more than either a Crybaby or Vox, as well as straight ahead rock leads.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

tFB Trader
    Paul_C said:

Strange, I never encountered any problems with an active bass (IIRC at the time I was using a MM Bongo) - I'll be using a self-built active bass this time too, so I shall report if I have any problems
    The previous owner had dicked about with the internal trim pots so it's possible they had reduced the headroom.
  • Ive used one for ages, its actually the only pedal ive ever rebought after originally selling my first one.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    it does seem to be a common failing - we all sell the first one . . . ;)
  • I sold my first, too - then I bought a Junior. It stayed on my board for about 3 years, until I finally realised I wasn't using it and gave it to our drummer as a birthday present.
    <space for hire>
  • An excellent purchase. I love the way you can use it "auto-on" just as a wah, but also flick the big switch and use it as a regular wah and leave it in certain positions as a filter, FZ style. And the configurability with all the pots makes it so tuneable for different styles it's ridiculous :D

Best. Wah. Ever.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Still got mine, but too stupid to move my feet while playing. I struggle with channel switching!
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5037
    edited December 2014
    The previous owner had dicked about with the internal trim pots so it's possible they had reduced the headroom.
    Internal trim pots? You mean there's stuff "inside" it I haven't messed with yet?!

Got mine 2nd hand so no looky at the manual.
  • Internal trim pots? You mean there's stuff "inside" it I haven't messed with yet?!

Yup...in fact, to my knowledge the Jr is just as electronically tweakable as the full-fat version too; the missing pots are just inside rather than on top.
    <space for hire>
    tFB Trader
    Internal trim pots? You mean there's stuff "inside" it I haven't messed with yet?!

Yeah I think there is a sticker on the bottom and if you remove it there are a couple of trim pots exposed.
  • Internal trim pots? You mean there's stuff "inside" it I haven't messed with yet?!

Yup...in fact, to my knowledge the Jr is just as electronically tweakable as the full-fat version too; the missing pots are just inside rather than on top.
    Ah. I are has the big fat one so all the knobs are probably on the outside. I "may" just open it up at the weekend to check there isn't any more inside. Y'know, just in case ;)