NPD - Weeping Demon Wah

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I believe there are more inside - mainly to do with input sensitivity and the like.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17673
    edited December 2014 tFB Trader
    Internal trim pots? You mean there's stuff "inside" it I haven't messed with yet?!

Got mine 2nd hand so no looky at the manual.
    Yup...in fact, to my knowledge the Jr is just as electronically tweakable as the full-fat version too; the missing pots are just inside rather than on top.
    Ah. I are has the big fat one so all the knobs are probably on the outside. I "may" just open it up at the weekend to check there isn't any more inside. Y'know, just in case ;)
    Definitely two more on the fat one and I don't think you have to open it.

EDIT: It's the max upper sweep range and the max lower sweep range. If you crank them it gets really extreme.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7853

The previous owner had dicked about with the internal trim pots so it's possible they had reduced the headroom.
    Internal trim pots? You mean there's stuff "inside" it I haven't messed with yet?!

Got mine 2nd hand so no looky at the manual.
    Yeah I think there is a sticker on the bottom and if you remove it there are a couple of trim pots exposed.
    Interesting to know, though I would still have gone for the full-fat one because, as @littlegreenman points out, the treadle can be left in a pre-arranged position and the wah switched on and off without moving it.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • There's the "range" and "on/off delay" under the treadle, as well as the other external controls. Feck it, I'm going under the hood over the weekend! I'll report back once I've broken it! :P
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5187
    I have one I'm not using if anyone fancies one?
  • littlegreenman;443432" said:
    There's the "range" and "on/off delay" under the treadle, as well as the other external controls. Feck it, I'm going under the hood over the weekend! I'll report back once I've broken it! :P
    For God's sake, record the original positions somehow! Otherwise it'll drive you nuts if you want it stock again... ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Even better...take a photo and post it here so that everybody on the Interwebs can benefit from your foresight.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • It were 2nd hand so I've no clue if it was at factory settings or if someone had already messed about. They "look" like being at 12 o' clock though, so probably.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • How do they stack up to the WH-10? I rather like those, but if the WD-Jr is similar and has more flexability...?