Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Albums that you are surprised you have never got around to hearing?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
Despite being the wrong side of 50, and around when punk all kicked off, I have never heard Never mind the bollocks. Must get around to it at some point!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've never heard Pet Sounds.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've never heard OK Computer - though deliberately so - the bits I have heard made me want to die....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27953
    In the olden days (ie ten years ago), there was still an excuse or two.

But today you just have to click on the Spotify icon to give it a quick listen (other music streaming services are available) and if you like it, download it 5 mins later.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8120
    edited December 2014
    I've never heard a whole album by The Clash.  I love punk, but The Clash tracks I've heard have left me cold.  Same with The Who.  They do nothing for me.    I'm ashamed to say I came to The Kinks late in life.  I utterly adore them now. Just think of all that wasted time......with no Kinks....

Marlin
  • Never heard whole albums by Pink Floyd, the Who, Radiohead, Clash, Michael Jackson, Black Sabbath, etc etc
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5022
    Never listened to a whole album of Dolly Parton, Garth Brooks or Daniel O'Donnell.  Does this revelation make me seem just a little bit normal??
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23587
    TheMarlin said:
    I've never heard a whole album by The Clash.  
    I don't think I have either, now you say that.  

There would be loads of very famous bands where I've heard some, but not all, of their albums (eg the Beatles, the Stones, the Who, Queen, Pink Floyd).  But ones where I haven't heard any of their full albums.... Roxy Music for sure.  And, I think, David Bowie, believe it or not.

• I still don't really know (or care) what djent is.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlin said:
    I've never heard a whole album by The Clash. 
    Neither have I and it doesn't bother me in the slightest

I was surprised to find that I didn't even know of the existence of John Mayall's Jazz/Blues Fusion (with Freddy Robinson on guitar) until recently ... and it's been on my stereo more than anything else since I bought it. I also wished I'd listened to Bebop Deluxe a long time before I got around to it.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Never heard any Pink Floyd album all the way through.
  • I still don't really know (or care) what djent is.
    I think it's Slovakian for "not music", but I'm not sure. 

More seriously, I have tried with The Clash and it doesn't work for me.

I'm struggling to think of any for this thread, having ticked Iron Maiden and Van Halen off the list earlier this year.

I've never listened to albums by Gary Moore or Bonamassa, but I know I wouldn't really enjoy them.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    edited December 2014
    This will just turn into a list of artists and not particular albums. There would be too many to name for me and lots i cant name. ie Heavy Metal. Heavy rock.
    So I would say Never mind the bollocks is one of those Albums worth looking into.
    Hunky Dory by David Bowie.
    Give em enough rope. The Clash.imo..
    Albums i have missed would be
    Breaking Glass                   Hazel Oconnor
    Penthouse and Pavement    Heaven 17
    Umma Gumma (sp)            Pink Floyd
    Double Fantasy                  Lennon and Yoko
    Band On The Run               Wings
    Live and Dangerous             Thin Lizzy
    Sheik a Bootie! (sorry havent got a clue how to spell that ha ha, its a Zappa album i think. (I have heard Joes Garage).
    San Quentin.                       Johnny Cash.
    Blood sex and Majic             RHCP  (I have this but never played it through).
    Thats a few ive missed for now. im sure theres plenty more. It would be good to get some opinions on some of these albums also.

• I've never actually listend to any albums by

Led ZEP, AC/DC, Thin Lizzie, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones

Yet I know pleanty of songs by all these guys. I think these days songs are so readily availble streamed, that there you get to hear the stuff anyway - even if you don't actually listen in Album order.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23587
    edited December 2014
    Teetonetal;447279" said:
    I've never actually listend to any albums byLed ZEP, AC/DC, Thin Lizzie, The Beatles, The Rolling StonesYet I know pleanty of songs by all these guys. I think these days songs are so readily availble streamed, that there you get to hear the stuff anyway - even if you don't actually listen in Album order.  
    Well, yes and no - only a handful of tracks by particular artists tend to get played/streamed in heavy rotation.  

Take AC/DC for example, I doubt you'd hear much if anything from wilderness years albums like Flick of the Switch or Fly on the Wall.  And Thin Lizzy - a lot of their studio albums are pretty patchy and many of the lesser tracks are doing the audio equivalent of gathering dust.

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    @jayjo Johnny Cash at SQ is very good. The music is as rough as arseholes (as is the audience naturally) but it's got a ton of atmosphere.

Probably better is the very old Granada TV doc showing him playing in SQ.

• Skarloey said:
    @jayjo Johnny Cash at SQ is very good. The music is as rough as arseholes (as is the audience naturally) but it's got a ton of atmosphere.

It's also quite short so it won't take up a lot of your time. It really is fantastic.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10535

I think anyone who hasn't heard Floyd's DSOTM all the way through while being stoned or at least drunk have missed out on one of the wonders of this world :)

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4067
    When I was putting my CDs into storage I found three copies of U2's "Achtung Baby" -- one of 'em was probably my ex-wife's but nevertheless I've clearly thought at a couple of points that I've wanted to listen to this album -- I have no idea why.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    @JAYJO

Ummagumma is by Pink Floyd. You obviously haven't heard it then! :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    Skarloey said:

It's also quite short so it won't take up a lot of your time. It really is fantastic.
     Ive noticed, its on youtube so i will watch as much as i can at some point soon, cheers.