Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Derailed (was: Elite: Dangerous)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    Iamnobody;448167" said:
    Nope. I left home in my twenties, have always had a girlfriend since my teens and I play sport! Therefore I don't play computers.

:P

The idea of grown men playing computer games I find puzzling at best and disturbing at worst.

Still whatever floats your boat I guess.
    I don't understand why people feel the need to take a shit on things they don't understand.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    edited December 2014
  • iseverynamegoneiseverynamegone Frets: 1576
    edited December 2014
    randomhandclaps;448260" said:
    Sambostar said:

I agree with Stevebrum.  Here Here.  I'd rather look back at my life, on my deathbed and think about all the glorious times I had making things, fixing things, creating things and being creative and fruitlessly masturbating than think of all the levels I've played on someone else's platform.  I see it as a bad addiction, kind of like a 21st century version of a crossword book.  There are so many better things to do in life than kill time.

That's a shame. See now if ever I imagined a doctor recommending GTA as a form of therapy to anyone....
    My mums cousin wrote (would
    I say coded if I knew jackshit about games?) GTA but I always preferred his work on lemmings.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Sambostar said:
     I see it as a bad addiction, kind of like a 21st century version of a crossword book.  There are so many better things to do in life than kill time.
    See, that's where you're missing the point - and it's because you're still stuck in the 20th century definition of gaming. .
    1996 in fact.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2958
    edited December 2014
    Ill take a look of the specs for the mac version in a couple months but I'm not hopeful that it will run.  However I'm hoping that one day they port it to the Xbox 1.  

PS.  48 year old gamer and proud.  Married, kids,  and i even go out of the house from time to time.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    How many of you non gamers spend on the TV /Facebook/watching movies and posting on here? Just because the media we choose for interaction differs from yours, does not mean it's substandard.
    I have a life, play games and guitsr, , I speak to my friends whilst we're all playing the Same game.
    Having kids means you can't go out as much.. But I'm sad because I compete with my friends whilst we're all at home? Grow up old men.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Sambostar said:
    Sambostar said:
     I see it as a bad addiction, kind of like a 21st century version of a crossword book.  There are so many better things to do in life than kill time.
    See, that's where you're missing the point - and it's because you're still stuck in the 20th century definition of gaming. .
    1996 in fact.
    Ah, yes. That new-fangled Doom thing's really getting the damn kids of today into worshipping Satan, ain't it?
    <space for hire>
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 692
    Iamnobody;448195" said:
    [quote="monquixote;448176"][quote="Iamnobody;448167"]Nope. I left home in my twenties, have always had a girlfriend since my teens and I play sport! Therefore I don't play computers.

:P

The idea of grown men playing computer games I find puzzling at best and disturbing at worst.

Still whatever floats your boat I guess.
    I don't understand why people feel the need to take a shit on things they don't understand. [/quote]

Do you honestly believe that I think gamers are all single, live at home and can't throw a ball?

I thought the use of the exclamation and smiley might have indicated a bit of humour?

[/quote]

Well I thought it was funny, got a bit touchy there didn't they ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6942
    Drew_fx;448196" said:
    Iamnobody said:

As for me being an ignorant fool - you are entitled to your opinion.

No mate... you've quite clearly demonstrated it here. I don't care if you think you were making a tongue in cheek comment. As far as I'm concerned, you made a tongue in arse comment.
    Well at least the derailing of this thread (which I apologise for if I'm the main culprit) has allowed you to publicly declar your interest in feltching. If you want to talk about any repressed feelings @drew_fx we are here for you...
    Previously known as stevebrum
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16081

I'm off tae Google that ^

tae be or not tae be
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16081
    ewwwww, I'll NEVER be able tae use a straw again
    tae be or not tae be
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Iamnobody said:
    Drew_fx;448196" said:
    Iamnobody said:

As for me being an ignorant fool - you are entitled to your opinion.

No mate... you've quite clearly demonstrated it here. I don't care if you think you were making a tongue in cheek comment. As far as I'm concerned, you made a tongue in arse comment.
    Well at least the derailing of this thread (which I apologise for if I'm the main culprit) has allowed you to publicly declar your interest in feltching. If you want to talk about any repressed feelings @drew_fx we are here for you...
    :))
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15896
    hootsmon said:
    you can use a clean straw each time.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    edited December 2014
    VimFuego said:
    hootsmon said:
    you can use a clean straw each time.
    He's Scottish, it'll cost too much for a clean straw each time....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
  • Mark_RMark_R Frets: 79
    Can we please get back to the script?

Anyone played Elite yet?  

(why the fudge am I even posting a computer game question on a guitar forum, surely there must be a computer game forum for us to go to)
  • Mark_R said:
    (why the fudge am I even posting a computer game question on a guitar forum, surely there must be a computer game forum for us to go to)
    There is. As I recall, it fell apart and took the MR forum with it ;)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    mrchi said:
    How many of you non gamers spend on the TV /Facebook/watching movies and posting on here? Just because the media we choose for interaction differs from yours, does not mean it's substandard.

Very much this. I have facebook friends who think it's clever to poke fun at gamers, but then go on to boast about a weekend spent watching 3 seasons of Breaking Bad back to back. Gaming, if anything, is way more interactive and social than zoning out in front of the box, surely
    All practice and no theory
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • NomadNomad Frets: 549
    Mark_R said:
    Can we please get back to the script?

Anyone played Elite yet?  

Try this thread...

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/29817/elite-dangerous#latest

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12116
    Drew_fx said:
    As always, good to hear her analysis
    I liked the bit about the white knights, I never really considered the cause of that behaviour pattern before