Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Women Infantry?

What's Hot

Comments

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Well, I have to admit that VPL was something I never considered when I posted this thread. Couldn't they go commando to resolve the issue?
    Solved.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Send them to the front first.  Shouldn't be wasting good men when we have women.  Besides women are more common than men, so it makes sense from a survival of the species point of view as well.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    HO GOD THIS THRED US HATEFALL!
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Somebody tip Mumsnet on to it.

The World will end.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good idea lets gets them on the front line, the kids too!
    Old Is Gold
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'm worried about them getting raped by soldiers on their own side, it's a big problem as it is.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12461
    It'll never happen, do you guys have any idea how heavy an assault rifle is?
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12461
    Set em on the the talibanz when they're on their monthly's innit.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited December 2014
    It'll never happen, do you guys have any idea how heavy an assault rifle is?

4.98kg with a full mag and an optical sight.  We're not talking about the old SLR's or .303 rifle's that Vim used to shoot (Guessing his age here)

A loaded M4 rifle is 3.4 kg.

A six month old baby is 18kg.  Absolutely no excuse and the bullets are so small, plus they won't feel bad when they miss.as they all use smaller calibre ammunition these days.  Much unlike in Vim's day when they used .303's, but even those were only 4kg.  SLR's weighed a monstrous 5kg empty I think.

I say equip them with GPMG's at 14kg plus ammunition belt.

Jesus, my long reach hedge trimmer is 6.4kg and I carry that out at arms length with my arms horizontal or over my head, everyday for 8 to 10 hours a day.

And they have an extra layer of fat to keep them warm in the field and or slow down the shrapnel.

Most women are cissies.

Much respect to the few who carry their babies around all day though.  Perhaps we could make an elite unit out for them.

Personally I would just be happy watching them attempt the nets in the basic training assault course or the ropes in the PT hall.  Would keep me entertained for hours. Obviously the army would require that they wear bikini's and get covered in mud first and that it all be televised.

Women in bikini's...covered in mud...firing guns.  I don't even want to imagine the flesh on flesh noises they would make as they dived into a trench or old shell hole together in their bikini's....covered in mud.  OMG.

We could re-establish the empire with an army like that.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • Could you imagine them fighting an enemy's female regiment? Kick bite scratch ... "Leave 'er Carol, she's not wurf it"
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9848
    edited December 2014
    All for it - the officers' mess doesn't clean itself you know... ;)
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    Great idea but what would be even better would be to provide troops with decent boots, sufficient ammo, properly armoured vehicles and enough food...crazy to think the basic tools and needs are not always met.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Does my bum look big in this?
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Forge said:
    Great idea but what would be even better would be to provide troops with decent boobs, sufficient make-up, properly saucy undies and enough perfume...crazy to think the basic tools and needs are not always met.
    I think it's extra costs like these that could see the idea vetoed.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • I think they could be pretty brutal to be fair, very agile focused fighters so would probably make good special forces units. Excellent breath control so get a good few snipers to if the world shooting championships are anything to go by. Also depending on who they are fighting against there may be a psychological effect on the enemy, not sure how many soldiers would really deal well with killing women.
    Old Is Gold
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15905
    Forge said:
    Great idea but what would be even better would be to provide troops with decent boots, sufficient ammo, properly armoured vehicles and enough food...crazy to think the basic tools and needs are not always met.
    cheaper just to get new bodies from somewhere, preferably somewhere cheap like the developing world. We'll get the 3rd world to fight our wars for us, it's the ultimate in outsourcing.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12119
    VimFuego said:
    Forge said:
    cheaper just to get new bodies from somewhere, preferably somewhere cheap like the developing world. We'll get the 3rd world to fight our wars for us, it's the ultimate in outsourcing.
    we did that for several centuries already
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15905
    yup, though we took our eye off the ball recently and started sending our young men off to do the killing. Turned out to be really unpopular, so back to the tried and tested but with a 21C twist, we'll supply the brains (intelligence, comms, logistics, air support etc.) and they supply the bodies.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• @VimFuego they supply the bodies aka cannon fodder? sounds good: there's usually plenty more where they came from, so long as the survivors don't try to come here afterwards
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Got to love 1970s sexism.
    My V key is broken