Playstation 4

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2491
    That's why we do matchmaking, so your chasing ghosts of people about the same level as you.

I also personally don't like the service model of game delivery. It's like we're never actually finished. Bit like a death march....
    We have also added to the single player as well via updates, there's new "tours" to do
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12059
    FX_Munkee;451524" said:
    strumjoughlamps said:

FX_Munkee said:

Gratuitous Driveclub plug:-

errrr, and the award for biggest game fail of 2014 goes to......

what they should have done is put the game back 10 or so months to make it more polished for release...oh no they did didn't they.....

I will try the PS+ version when they finally make it available but until then, FH2 all the way.

Ouch.

The truth is we could have released at PS4 launch but the game was just a shell, the UI was appalling and we'd had to cut so many features to get it in on time for the launch we weren't happy at all.

When we knew we weren't going out at launch we scrapped the UI completely and rewrote it (did it old school). and the used the extra time (they gave us more than we wanted) to polish everything else.

Then we released and the servers went tits up :(

But we've been busy and we currently have all the network side sorted. Plus we've released the add-ons that we were always planning to do (weather, more cars, tracks etc.). There will be more down the line. It was always planned to be a "service" model.

Not sure when the PS+ version will come out AFAIK there's no firm date yet.

Anyway, as they say, "Apologies for the delay" and all that ;)
    Why do you keep referring Evolution Games as "we"? Do you work for them? Or Sony?
  • Why do you keep referring Evolution Games as "we"? Do you work for them? Or Sony?
    pretty much the same thing nowadays now isn't it but iirc its Evo Studios FX works at.

I hope Driveclub does come good but IMO you lost your way with WRC series and then again with Motorstorm and at the minute its a non starter with DC.

We shall see what Project Cars bring to the genre
    I see, well as far as I am concerned, I have a xbox one too so between a broken drive club or a working Forza...I bought Forza 2 Horizon. It's just amazing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I work for Evolution. Sony own us. So technically I work for Sony (which is pretty OK actually) but we are pretty much autonomous as a studio.
    And Driveclub is working now, honest :) They've let us out for Christmas and everything*...

* admittedly when 200K people try to hit the servers on Christmas day I might be checking my phone quite a bit..
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17917
    tFB Trader
    I haven't got a PS4 yet, but when I do I'll be really excited to play Driveclub.

Pacific Rift was one of my all time favorite PS3 games (not so much part 3) so I'm a fan of your work.

The amount of patching that goes on with games means that it's really hard when games get prerelease reviewed and then might change significantly and be improved as the result of patches.
    FX_Munkee said:
    I work for Evolution. Sony own us. So technically I work for Sony (which is pretty OK actually) but we are pretty much autonomous as a studio.
    And Driveclub is working now, honest :) They've let us out for Christmas and everything*...

* admittedly when 200K people try to hit the servers on Christmas day I might be checking my phone quite a bit..
    It's probably better than The Crew ! That is down to £25 already....
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    @FX_Munkee

To be fair to you, I am def going to be giving the game a chance granted it was no polished at launch but that's the beauty of games they quickly can be, unlike a film etc, and the graphics on that gif look amazing! Just as long as you have a pc version? I can't do consoles, keyboard and mouse all the way for me!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    FX_Munkee said:

Sweeet. Now I know who to start annoying when I want to move into games QA ;)
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1348
    The problem Driveclub has is that it's got "Launch Title" written all over it.  It's nothing more than a "car-game" to fill the gap until Gran Turismo 7, or at least that's the perception.   It's easy to dismiss it as rubbish without giving it a chance, and that's what I did when I read about the problems:

"Rushed out to sell consoles to rather undiscerning people who want a generic "car-game".

I'll be waiting until it's free too, I'm afraid.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Tough crowd in tonight ;)

Yeah we're no match for the mighty GT.
    Little secret for you, from what I know of internally they're not best pleased with us, can't imagine why...?
    Interesting that we have no Japanese cars in our game, why might that be?

As for "launch title". I'm still collecting royalties from Motorstorm, 3.5 million copies later. I cry myself to sleep though, obviously.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17917
    tFB Trader
    sinbaadi said:
    The problem Driveclub has is that it's got "Launch Title" written all over it.  It's nothing more than a "car-game" to fill the gap until Gran Turismo 7, or at least that's the perception.   It's easy to dismiss it as rubbish without giving it a chance, and that's what I did when I read about the problems:
    I doubt Sony would have got them to make it had the last two GT games not been late and not very good. 
    @Drew_fx we're always recruiting, as long as the people are right.

So you fancy working in Runcorn then? ;)
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1348
    FX_Munkee said:
    Tough crowd in tonight ;)

Yeah we're no match for the mighty GT.
    Little secret for you, from what I know of internally they're not best pleased with us, can't imagine why...?
    Interesting that we have no Japanese cars in our game, why might that be?

As for "launch title". I'm still collecting royalties from Motorstorm, 3.5 million copies later. I cry myself to sleep though, obviously.
    Tough industry, I imagine :)

To be honest Driveclub isn't my type of driving game really, I wouldn't be that interested in it even if it was faultless.  I like full-on arcade racers, and PC simulations, but not really anything that falls between the two these days.

No complaints about Motorstorm (Pacific Rift is great fun), but there are plenty of launch duds every time.  Smuggler's Run on PS2......one of the very few times I have returned a game to the store.