Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

When Someone Changes Their Avatar......

What's Hot
randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
edited December 2014 in Off Topic

Does it confuse you a bit? 

I've always had a better memory for images than names so I suppose that doesn't help but sometimes when someone changes their avatar it can take me a while to catch up.  @Deadman did it a few times when he went from the masked men but Deadman is a pretty standout name.  @Breakstuff also changed his from a cute little pussy cat and sometime when I'm scanning I think 'Who this?' and then I realise, or conversely think I have seen them about for a while.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Remember the dark faceless days of Music Radar?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16676
    A forum I used to frequent had "fancy dress" themes for the avatars.   it got very confusing
  • I really notice it browsing other forums.  Whatever building forum @WezV frequents I occasionally end up there looking for info (like when I was tru-oiling a walnut body) and I find myself scrolling down looking for the 'acid face' rather than reading usernames.  Perhaps I'm just always in too much of a rush.

acid face balloon and banjolele - that is my avatar on a lot of forums
  • WezV said:
    A forum I used to frequent had "fancy dress" themes for the avatars.   it got very confusing
    That's an hilarious idea!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I fear I have to own these two guitars forever now otherwise none of my friends will recognise me.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    WezV said:
    I think we voted on a list of themes for the year and changed it each month. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3905
    I'm surprised you've mentioned me, rhc as I don't consider myself to be one of the 'faces' on the forum (and I'm not).
    It's normally punk related and more recently was one of my sons and me on holiday.
    FWIW it doesn't confuse me, there are very few on the forum who regularly give me their time and I know who they are. You included, so thanks :)
  • Fancy dress avatars is a great idea!
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited December 2014
    @Deadman, thank you.  I suppose it's biased that I think of you as a face as you are part of the select Johnny Marr defence league.  ;)
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    on one forum (my have been MR) I changed my avatar and confused myself. Ended up taking offense at some of the things I wrote, started having big arguments with myself (got so personal I ended up flagging some of the posts) and in the end put myself on ignore. Calmed down a bit after that.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10272
    edited December 2014
    I'm too quite surprised you remembered me changing my avatars @randomhandclaps as I also,like @Deadman don't consider myself to be one of the prevalent posters on this great forum (especially recently as I've not been posting much over the last month).

I'm actually quite flattered as all my life I've felt kind of anonymous.

I often change my avatar mainly because I get bored quickly and this time I thought it was about time I revealed myself after being on here for over a year.

That cute little cat was definitely better than my ugly mug though.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • WezV said:
    WezV said:
    I think we voted on a list of themes for the year and changed it each month. 
    That would get confusing but I think it would be fun to do a few times a year. Maybe to tie up with occasions like Xmas and halloween.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I'm actually quite flattered as all my life I've felt kind of anonymous.

Not around here, mate.

Thinking about it some people have similar user names, like there's about five Dave's and for another completely illogical reason I get certain user names confused but remember when I look at avatar.  Like with @breakstuff there's a slight gap where (through my own stupidity of relying on visual cues) a member pops into my head (ooh er) and I think "Haven't seen them for a while!", then realise they've gone done changed their avatar.

randomhandclaps;454061" said:
    @Deadman, thank you.  I suppose it's biased that I think of you as a face as you are part of the select Johnny Marr defence league.  ;)
    Time for a JM avatar to set the cat amongst the pigeons! Can you imagine the revolt? Or on the back of this I might revert to my original one.
    Cheers bud and Happy Christmas.

:)
  • vizviz Frets: 10695
    edited December 2014
    I still think of some people on here by their old intermusic avatars. Eg @thomasross20 was some sort of dinosaur with a bony neck iirc.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Nah.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    viz;454316" said:
    I still think of some people on here by their old intermusic avatars. Eg thomasross was some sort of dinosaur with a bony neck iirc.
    I'm surprised you don't have a Chris Miller one Viz :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Deijavoo;454317" said:
    Nah.
    Stop it!
    :(
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    edited December 2014
    I was about to swap to yours there, but I panicked as I wasn't 100% certain of any bamboozlement to RHC yet. Plus I like it, it feels good.