Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Affairs of the Heart

What's Hot

Comments

• So having researched this a wee bit, this is what we're dealing with

The SG G-310 - Mines the red one

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/jonny73/Mobile Uploads/96263FD9-1926-455B-94F2-D96FFBF85094_zpsvrpmvhbl.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Just buy it man, even at 140 I'd have to buy it
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3959
    What a nice thing to happen. Hope you get it mate.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited December 2014
    My dad's still looking for his 70s Ibanez 2663 (Iceman) that he sold in the early 90s.

He's got an all-original 1976 model now that's in top-notch condition, it's great but it just isn't the old one - which was beat to shit, badly resprayed and had aftermarket pickups. He hugely regrets selling it and has been trying to find it again for years.

With that in mind, my dad and I will both be personally insulted if you don't buy this fucking SG :D
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Buy it!
    Careful though in case its a CHravisthedog
  • Or a Chepiphone
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6225
    edited December 2014
    Yep definitely buy it, you'll always regret it if you don't. In a moment of poverty in the early 80s I had to sell my 'precious' customised P bass that I saved and scrimped for in 1978. I was gutted at the time and never thought I would see it again. Then 2 years ago it popped on ebay. I had to pay 4 times what I had sold it for originally...but it was still a bargain. Just to get the old girl back was marvellous. :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Buy it! I saw an Encore, same as I started with, on Gumtree a month or two ago & regret not pulling the trigger... Despite the fact that it was a complete mutt!
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    Buy it! I had to sell an '81 Les Paul Custom last year to fund part of the stamp duty (of course now I wouldn't have to thanks to the changes) on our move..... It was on eBay a few weeks ago being sold buy the guy that bought it.  I couldn't afford to buy it back  X_X
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

• if i could find the first tele i had, i'd snap it up... why did i really get rid!
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2444
    Yeah, get it bought.  The odds of it turning up again are slim.  If you decide not to buy it, then, well, it'd be like turning your back on a childhood sweetheart you never meant to break up with in the first place.
  • Just been chatting with mrs travis about this - as we were childhood sweethearts she was the one who's nail varnish patched it up

She can remember sitting in my bedroom (ehem) listening to ME trying to suss out Lenny Kravitz's "Always on the Run"
    3reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72979
    MattFGBI said:
    Buy it! I had to sell an '81 Les Paul Custom last year to fund part of the stamp duty (of course now I wouldn't have to thanks to the changes) on our move..... It was on eBay a few weeks ago being sold buy the guy that bought it.  I couldn't afford to buy it back  X_X
    That must hurt. I couldn't afford to buy my '65 Jaguar back a couple of years after I sold it either - it was stupid to sell it in the first place. I think we needed a car or something - I sold that and my '87 Ruby Red Rickenbacker 360. That might be for sale again too, and the chap has given me first refusal but I'm still not sure I can afford it… it doesn't help that both the Jag and the Rick have gone up in value since I sold them.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2444
    Just been chatting with mrs travis about this - as we were childhood sweethearts she was the one who's nail varnish patched it up

She can remember sitting in my bedroom (ehem) listening to ME trying to suss out Lenny Kravitz's "Always on the Run"
    Even if you bought it and never played it again, it has shared memories.  Imagine it hung on a wall, or stood it by the fireplace, it'd make a good, and romantic, talking point.  I suspect that if anything, buying the guitar back will bring you and your missus even closer than you already are.

Don't let it slip away...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    With that back story I'd consider it an heirloom to pass onto the kids
  • I bought my first Tele back after about 5-6 years, big mistake for me, the Tokai I had pissed all over it. Yet it was my first Tele!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Buy it, and then ask @koneguitarist for a refund on the original sale, as the strap button was obviously a bit dodgy. ;)
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mart said:
    Buy it, and then ask @koneguitarist for a refund on the original sale, as the strap button was obviously a bit dodgy. ;)

Brilliant idea
  • Travisthedog;454638" said:
    Just been chatting with mrs travis about this - as we were childhood sweethearts she was the one who's nail varnish patched it up
    Stop! You're killing us!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10384
    Lovely story and only one way to conclude it.

I still own my first guitar,a Jap Squier Strat but it's in bits and the parts have been used on other guitars.I really regret splitting it now and wish I'd kept it original.

Would be great to see that SG returned to its rightful owner.You know it makes sense. :)
    Laugh, love, live, learn.