Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Man arrested for Glasgow crash tweet

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    FelineGuitars;455183" said:
    I think we have too much news coverage these days, and then coverage on what people have said about the news and then news agencies stirring the pot in an attempt to get more news. Add to that the political slant and spin put on every story and it all becomes unwatchable/unreadable.

My present to myself will be to watch less news and play more guitar.
    I agree, the 24 hour news is crazy-the quality goes down due to the different agencies wanting the big scoop first-and they'll do anything to get it-including broadcasting half baked lies knowing that a quick apology a week later will exonarate them.

I watched and read a lot of news and politics for my degree course a few years ago but now I honestly can't remember the last time I read a paper or watched a news programme-it must be 5 years-i used to feel guilty for being uninformed but I'm not bothered anymore.

I occasionally read a news item online but find the whole thing a big pile of lies and spin for the most part.

I prefer to play the guitar myself.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31157
    Here's a thing- if this is the case how come Putin wasn't arrested for his homophobic remarks when he visited? I think they were a lot more hurtful than one single tweet

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15896
    Wolfetone said:
    VimFuego said:
    If we all got arrested cos we said something offensive to someone half of us would have criminal convictions.
    Perhaps we shouldn't say offensive things to people then. Are we obliged to do so?
    nope, nor are we required to have the state intervene in every single, minute human interaction. There are a whole host of things that should be stopped that are way ahead of someone saying something not that offensive on twitter.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• Gassage said:
    Here's a thing- if this is the case how come Putin wasn't arrested for his homophobic remarks when he visited? I think they were a lot more hurtful than one single tweet
    I know, and that offended a group of people known for standing up for their rights.

The thing is that tweet was a very Frankie Boyle influenced joke IMO.  If Frankie Boyle had of said it it wouldn't have went down well, but I don't think he would have been reported to the police.  He's said far worse things on Twitter and on stage.