Which wireless

What's Hot

Comments

• hotpickups;460265" said:
    Blimey how far do you move around the building at a gig LOL

LOL!
    I need to go to the bog or the bar mid set occasionally....

It's not that I need the range, apart from the odd sprint out of the venue when bored. It more that to me a lower range indicates more likelihood of drop outs when near the edge of the range.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So the range of your stageclix is 300m you say?
    MikkiMcMurderer;460484" said:
    [quote="hotpickups;460265"]Blimey how far do you move around the building at a gig LOL

LOL!

It's not that I need the range, apart from the odd sprint out of the venue when bored. It more that to me a lower range indicates more likelihood of drop outs when near the edge of the range.
    [/quote]

Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12699
    My reason for using wireless (Line6 G50) is it makes playing safer in pubs with iffy electrics. Yes, you *should* refuse to play if the electrics are dodgy - but in reality you look for workarounds. Wireless removes one element. :-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• So the range of your stageclix is 300m you say?
    MikkiMcMurderer;460484" said:
    [quote="hotpickups;460265"]Blimey how far do you move around the building at a gig LOL

LOL!

[/quote]

That's what their blurb says...
  • John_P said:
    Yes - I couldn't find something suitable to replace it and I've got gigs coming up so I need to hold on to it until I can settle on a replacement. I was weighing up Line 6 stuff but it doesn't have the rechargablility and the Shure stuff has quite a poor range on their specs vs Line 6 (60m max I think vs 300m). So all in all I may suck up having to set up the StageClix every gig rather than have a rack mount just because it has all the other features I want. If I find something else, I'll move it on then!
    I use rechargeable batteries and have a charger on my board - there are two in the wireless and 4 charging so a fresh set goes in at the start of each gig.    I like the idea of a built in charging system but what happens if it goes flat at a gig?  Can you pop in normal batteries as well?

I've never had any battery life issues with it, I plug it in at set up and a good hour will get it up to almost fully chartered which lasts way more than the gig will. I use rechargeable for my Shure in ear receiver which takes 9vs and I'd rather not add another charger for AAs which seems to be what Line 6 takes. Shure guitar wireless has the recharge function but seems like a lot lower range than everyone else - or at least more conservative. I'm not sure wether in practise that means a worse drop out performance.
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not that I can see. Do you have a link.? It says 60m in the line of sight which is about the same?
    MikkiMcMurderer;460690" said:
    hotpickups said:

So the range of your stageclix is 300m you say?

MikkiMcMurderer;460484" said:[quote="hotpickups;460265"]Blimey how far do you move around the building at a gig LOL

LOL!

That's what their blurb says...[/quote]

• MikkiMcMurdererMikkiMcMurderer Frets: 352
    edited December 2014

Ah yes - it said 300 ft so I got confused!

So Line 6 has the best range but no rechargability and Shure and Stage Clix seem to have  the same specs but Shure can bought in the tuner pedal format.

For me, if Shure did the digital version in a half rack mountable version so I could  mount it next to my Shure in ear transmitter - I'd swap over - does anyone know if this possible? I couldn't find a rack mounting kit for it that would allow something else side by side with it...

• I've just ordered the shure GLX16 and noticed there is an offer of an extra free battery until the end of January :)
  • Teetonetal;460807" said:
    I do (mostly because I'm a Sony nut), it's a good system but does add a little hiss on the overdrive channels on my amp.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• I've just ordered the shure GLX16 and noticed there is an offer of an extra free battery until the end of January :)
    Let us know how you get on with it!
  • I will indeed :)
    MikkiMcMurderer;461483" said:
    hotpickups said:

I've just ordered the shure GLX16 and noticed there is an offer of an extra free battery until the end of January :)

Let us know how you get on with it!
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7826
    edited December 2014

@Monkeybone

Which Sony system do you have? the 30 or the 50?

I was lookoing at the 30 mainly because it's stomp box design and metal build. How is the cable though? I hear finding a replacement cable is really hard?

• I like the look of that Shure unit  - especially as the tuner would replace my TU3, no reall loss of pedal board space, but damn it's expensive... I'm dithering between the Sony dwz-b30gb, and the Shure...

Head says Shure, wallet says Sony!

Not a fan of Line 6 and the G30 is plastic which I hate... and If I buy the G50, might as well buy the Shure (similar price in Switzerland as for some reason Line 6 is always expensive!)

• If your head says shure then you'll probably buy it eventually where you've lost money on buying other cheaper products. That's my experience anyway. I save up now and get exactly what I want etc :)
    Teetonetal;461607" said:
    I like the look of that Shure unit  - especially as the tuner would replace my TU3, no reall loss of pedal board space, but damn it's expensive... I'm dithering between the Sony dwz-b30gb, and the Shure... Head says Shure, wallet says Sony! Not a fan of Line 6 and the G30 is plastic which I hate... and If I buy the G50, might as well buy the Shure (similar price in Switzerland as for some reason Line 6 is always expensive!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4065
    edited January 2015

So Line 6 has the best range but no rechargability...

I use a G30 and gigging every weekend (except for tonight gawdammit!) with two fresh batteries per gig doesn't come to £25 a year.  50p a week.  Just to put in into perspective if that helps cost it up.

And as for range, I ran out of breath before I ran out of range.  I've never had a drop out from a G30.  Great unit.
  • If your head says shure then you'll probably buy it eventually where you've lost money on buying other cheaper products. That's my experience anyway. I save up now and get exactly what I want etc :)
    Teetonetal;461607" said:
    I like the look of that Shure unit  - especially as the tuner would replace my TU3, no reall loss of pedal board space, but damn it's expensive... I'm dithering between the Sony dwz-b30gb, and the Shure... Head says Shure, wallet says Sony! Not a fan of Line 6 and the G30 is plastic which I hate... and If I buy the G50, might as well buy the Shure (similar price in Switzerland as for some reason Line 6 is always expensive!)
    That is wisdom right there.
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1134
    the G30 is £129 new on Thomann....that's a steal.

and you can get Duracell AAs on ebay in bulk for peanuts

• I just bought the alese set, £59.99 amazon, the transmitter uses 2 AAA  batts, have done 2 full gigs, still going strong. the receiver uses the same or included mains adapter, no dropouts, never had experience of other makes but im well pleased with this.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    Never heard of that
    midlifecrisis;462980" said:
    I just bought the alese set, £59.99 amazon, the transmitter uses 2 AAA  batts, have done 2 full gigs, still going strong. the receiver uses the same or included mains adapter, no dropouts, never had experience of other makes but im well pleased with this.