Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Boxing Day

What's Hot
Let the consumerist fucking gangbang do it's worst. I for one will be moving no further than the fridge in my attempts to kick the arse out of this truly frightening hangover.

All the best to service industry workers.
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    Tragic for those working in retail

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Been there, done that for 13 years. Awfully needless.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tree is down have just set up my 360 aquarium , not going anywhere today so nibbles and drinkies in order.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I too, have the hangover from hell. 

I made so much noise snoring last night, that poor Mrs C had to sleep downstairs on the sofa. She usually just moves to the next bedroom if her usual prodding fails to silence the noise which, she maintains, is akin to two hippos shagging.

To my eternal shame, this speaks volumes about how much I must have consumed on the drinks front, and thus is a new personal record. I have just spotted a bottle of LBV port in the kitchen though, and can only imagine that I was too pissed to notice it last night, or it would have gone for sure. On reflection, maybe it's just as well I didn't.

Just waiting for the paracetamol to kick in, and then it'll all start again when the neighbours come round later on.

:-S

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3379
    Sat at work but enjoy your days!
  • I too, have the hangover from hell. 

I made so much noise snoring last night, that poor Mrs C had to sleep downstairs on the sofa. She usually just moves to the next bedroom if her usual prodding fails to silence the noise which, she maintains, is akin to two hippos shagging.

To my eternal shame, this speaks volumes about how much I must have consumed on the drinks front, and thus is a new personal record. I have just spotted a bottle of LBV port in the kitchen though, and can only imagine that I was too pissed to notice it last night, or it would have gone for sure. On reflection, maybe it's just as well I didn't.

Just waiting for the paracetamol to kick in, and then it'll all start again when the neighbours come round later on.

Take a paracetamol with caffeine and it'll work quicker, unless the paracetamol you took already has caffeine in it.  

• I too, have the hangover from hell. 

Take a paracetamol with caffeine and it'll work quicker, plus the caffeine will help speed up the emptying of your stomach, unless the paracetamol you took already has caffeine in it.  

• StevepageStevepage Frets: 3101
    edited December 2014
    My Mrs had to go to work at 9 this morning. I drove her in and walked around to look for some trainers and I was out of there (middle of Watford) within 25 minutes. People standing out side Next trying to get it. It's so ridiculous, so I ended up going out for the day with the In Laws for a long country walk and a couple of pints at their local in Sarrat. Great day for me :)
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I too, have the hangover from hell. 

Take a paracetamol with caffeine and it'll work quicker, plus the caffeine will help speed up the emptying of your stomach, unless the paracetamol you took already has caffeine in it.  

Done. Still feel like shit, though!

I've found that drinking a crippling amount of real ale is working wonders.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24721
    I didn't drink anything on Christmas day.  Well.... two cans of lager whilst cooking, but that was it.  Unusual for me.  I'm normally shitfaced at the first opportunity.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • Me and my mother drank 6 bottles of red, 2 bottles of champagne and 1/2 a bottle of gin yesterday between us

She's a star - she's got a clear head today while I am dying
    What a champion. I fancy a booze up with your mum.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    My Mrs went into work at 5am and still isn't home. I can only surmise that someone called in sick (yeah right) and left them in the shit so she had to stay late - she works at Costa Coffee.

I consumed 4 cans of polish lager and almost an entire bottle of Bulleit Bourbon yesterday between breakfast and the wee small hours and didn't wake up until 1pm. Went round to the shop and bought some more beer which is lubricating the afternoon nicely but i'm worried about Debbie, she's proper late now considering her shift should have finished at 2:30pm !!!

All i can do is keep the heating on and cook for her when she gets in - thankfully she is off work tomorrow.

I have devoted most of today to drinking off yesterdays hangover and trying not to cry at some amazingly moving music, most memorably David Gilmour performing Richard Thompson's 'Dimming of the Day'............

More Beer and try not to worry about Wifey !

• Wife's off to work in a few hours, nights in a care home so no chance of days off for her.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24721
    Alnico said:
    More Beer and try not to worry about Wifey !

Does she not have a mobile phone thing ?  I hear they're all the rage !
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15905
    Alnico said:
    My Mrs went into work at 5am and still isn't home. I can only surmise that someone called in sick (yeah right) and left them in the shit so she had to stay late - she works at Costa Coffee.

bloody hell, when I first read that I assumed she worked somewhere frivolous like a hospital or something and thought that's a bit harsh for a bank holiday, but no I see she's working somewhere seriously important so it's all good. Gotta keep them coffees and cupcakes flowing.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16082
    edited December 2014

tae be or not tae be
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Still cagey from yesterdays intake!

Afternoon with the miss d8m's family.

Just got home got some leftover wine wine and couple of ciders in the fridge, and and chicken madras on the way!

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    She's home.
    Yes she does have one of those new fangled mobile things but unfortunately while the Costa girls are performing for the masses, they are not allowed to have mobiles with them on the shop floor and depending on how risque the shift got, she might have run out of places to tuck it in !

I just showed her that after she came in and it made her howl. Thank you, between your comment and a glass of wine, she's smiling her head off.

As it happens no one let them down, the store was just overwhelmed with shoppers and she flat refused to go home early while the que was out of the door.

As i've said to her many time while she's clinging to the headboard for dear life.............

She's a real Trooper !

Happy Boxing Day everybody.

:)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom