Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Boxing Day

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    My wife's off for 2 weeks. :(
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Had my parents and my mother in law over yesterday and my brother in law +family today. We seem to have got through a case of Peroni and Speckled Hen and 5 bottles of Crianza. I'm starting on the Green King IPA to sober myself up.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31244
    Boxing Day is Christmas Day's lary younger brother

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was supposed to be working yesterday, but was ill.

Not even joking, been in bed all day today, too. 

So I have 4 bottles of white, 6 ales, a small bottle of jack and an imperial fuck-tonne of uneaten chocolates to work through before I'm back at work. 

Sunday. ¬_¬ Goddammit. 
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Got out of bed at 7.30 pm. Turns out drinking alcohol on my tablets makes me sleep like a bear.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    I woke up slightly tipsy still this morning but I'm dreading tomorrow as I'm away dog sitting
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

This morning I are mostly been feeling normal, as I was very good last night, Newcastle Brown, Cotes du Rhone, and Port. But in small quantities.

Mrs C has Bird Flu and is well under the weather, but is determined to soldier on. Maybe I should suggest she joins the Infantry.

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Blowing a gale and very weird dreams all night and this morning about ex girlfriends trying to cut me up with a knife and then going all dry and crusty and turning to stone, couldn't sleep at all, as every time I fell asleep the dream took off from where it left.  Got to the point I started wondering about, scared of going back to bed.  I'm sure someone spiked me with morphine pills or I got mild poisoning of some kind.  Finally got to proper sleep at 3:00am.  Then some fecking alarm company rang me twice, at 4:00am, once on the mobile and then the landline saying next doors frost alarm had gone off?  So there is no power, so WTF am I to do about that if there is no power?  Fucking hell man.

Still feel a bit kin the fourth dimension, in a parallel universe, like someone has gotten an ice cream scoop and scooped out my bone marrow and vital organs and taken my soul with it.  Is that still a hangover?

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4071
    Sambostar said:

Still feel a bit kin the fourth dimension, in a parallel universe, like someone has gotten an ice cream scoop and scooped out my bone marrow and vital organs and taken my soul with it.  Is that still a hangover?

Sounds like vampires to me.  Or ex-girlfriends.
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Can I have some of what you had lol
  • Oooooh, my head! Rock on!
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    "Still feel a bit kin the fourth dimension, in a parallel universe"

That's because you are.

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4651
    The Spy Who Loved Me - Perfect Boxing Day for me and my family.
  • Stevepage said:
    My Mrs had to go to work at 9 this morning. I drove her in and walked around to look for some trainers and I was out of there (middle of Watford) within 25 minutes. People standing out side Next trying to get it. 
    Sympathies there mate I know what that dump is like. Left many years ago and never went back except for a mate's dad's funeral.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12530
    Cut right back on the booze this year. I've found I just can't handle hangovers now I'm an old fart, it takes me literally days to get back to normal. Still, a) it saves lots of money and b) I got to laugh at my stepson and his wife when they came downstairs looking like sacks of shit on Boxing Day morning. :)