OOPS! - NPD today!

What's Hot
Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7907
edited December 2014 in FX
Having survived yesterday evening's alcohol intoxication without buying anything (mostly by watching Porco Rosso and The Grand Budapest Hotel and thus spending less time on the forum) I have today succumbed and placed an order for a new pedal, which might get here in time to be considered a 2014 pedal, freeing up 2015 for more purchases :)

I'm sure no-one wants to be teased as to what it might be, so I won't keep you in suspense beyond the end of this post.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What the devil does this do?
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7907
    I'll let Andy explain :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EQD can do almost no wrong. 
    Its a good time for pedals with EQD, Mr Black and Empress effects
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_C said:
    I'll let Andy explain :)

Love the sounds, but it sounds like there is some background noise at 4.49 when he clicks it in. 

Could just be the switch though? if it's a standard true bypass. It says true bypass, but not what sort of switch it is. 

Proper nice sounds, though, I could spend hours playing with that.  I'll have to try one and see what the noise level is actually like. 
    I'll let you know what I find.

I'm collecting pedals together for some ambient looping fun and I couldn't resist it in the end, it'll go with:

Boss RC-50 Loop Station
    Rainbow Machine + expression pedal
    Vox Delaylab
    EHX Freeze
    EHX Organ Machine
    Weeping Demon Wah

I've got a Vox Tonelab for various other bits and pieces but there are one or two other pedals I might pick up (Flanger Hoax/Pitchfork etc.) if the funds materialise ;)
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7504
    edited December 2014
    Paul_C said:
    I'll let you know what I find.

I'm collecting pedals together for some ambient looping fun and I couldn't resist it in the end, it'll go with:

Boss RC-50 Loop Station
    Rainbow Machine + expression pedal
    Vox Delaylab
    EHX Freeze
    EHX Organ Machine
    Weeping Demon Wah

I've got a Vox Tonelab for various other bits and pieces but there are one or two other pedals I might pick up (Flanger Hoax/Pitchfork etc.) if the funds materialise ;)
    Absolutely, and actually, a bit of noise might even be a useful thing for some ambient stuff (which is a genre I've started getting into more recently).  Definitely keep me posted, it would be unusual for EQD to sell something rubbish. 

I'm hoping they've used a clever switching mechanism, as I've had enough true bypass switches fail on me that I never want to use one again :(

Edit: it would be awesome for writing Warpaint style tunes, too.  

I'm talking myself into getting one, in case you hadn't noticed. ;)
    I think you should, I did a fine job of convincing myself that only that particular pedal would do, despite having not yet plugged the Delaylab in to see what it can do!

• Paul_C said:
    I think you should, I did a fine job of convincing myself that only that particular pedal would do, despite having not yet plugged the Delaylab in to see what it can do!

get it plugged in man. You are missing some truly wonderful noises. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Paul_C said:

Stop it, bad Paul!

Gotta get my delay and chorus fixed first, they're heading to juansolo next week.  

And I really need to sell my other chorus pedal... 

But a reverb is definitely on the cards, and this one is a really cool sound without being shitely easy to overuse (*cough* shimmer). Very nice. 
    I had to pack all my pedals away to make room for the Xmas tree - I'll be setting everything back up soon!
  • Sounds a bit like my Boss RV3.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • Really impressive sonic capabilities with that thing. That damned Andy is bad for the Bank Balance. Enjoy experimenting with that.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Very, very nice sounding pedal. ....enjoy =D>
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2389
    What the devil does this do?
    That's what i was thinking :))

Nice score :D
    It has arrived safe and sound :)

I've had a quick play to make sure it all works - no noise when switched on/off @ThePrettyDamned

Next task is to get all the other pedals out and work out what goes where :)

• Paul_C said:
    It has arrived safe and sound :)

I've had a quick play to make sure it all works - no noise when switched on/off @ThePrettyDamned

Next task is to get all the other pedals out and work out what goes where :)

That's good! :D makes me wonder if it was the guitar PGS used. 

Great sounding thing :) thanks for the update. 
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    meltedbuzzbox;457332" said:
    EQD can do almost no wrong. Its a good time for pedals with EQD, Mr Black and Empress effects
    So true.
    edited December 2014
    I've just totted up this year's spending on pedals (since September!) and it stands at just over £700, so maybe I'd better calm down !
  • I could make you feel better if you wanted :D
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom