OOPS! - NPD today!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Paul_C said:
    I've just totted up this year's spending on pedals (since September!) and it stands at just over £700, so maybe I'd better calm down !
    I think I have done that amount in a month...

It was a ferocious year for PAS.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7907
    I do feel a little better, though I do have a tax rebate on the way . . .

:-O
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    edited December 2014
    Paul_C said:
    I do feel a little better, though I do have a tax rebate on the way . . .

:-O
    Life works better when you spend the money first, then claim it back :D

patience is for chumps
    heh - I could spend the money now, but past experience suggests that, having spent the £200 before it arrives, I would then spend it again when it did arrive.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    here it is with the rest of the pedals, before I spend half a day re-arranging them into a useable order

then I need a power supply or two and some decent patch leads to replace my old Maplin ones :)
  • Paul_C said:
    here it is with the rest of the pedals, before I spend half a day re-arranging them into a useable order

then I need a power supply or two and some decent patch leads to replace my old Maplin ones :)
    And a much bigger board! I can see a few hiding top right that aren't even anywhere near looking like ready to plug in ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Paul_C said:
    I've just totted up this year's spending on pedals (since September!) and it stands at just over £700, so maybe I'd better calm down !

OH SNAP. Here's a pointer; when Jack messages you saying you've had an expensive month, you really have had an expensive month.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_C said:

and queue the Michael Flatley tap dance!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • GavHaus said:
    Paul_C said:

OH SNAP. Here's a pointer; when Jack messages you saying you've had an expensive month, you really have had an expensive month.
    wisdom awarded. 
  • stickersticker Frets: 869

I have no need for one of those ...so why do I want one sooooo badly ?

I must have watched that demo 30 times in the past few months and every time I am left sure in the knowledge that ...

a) I really do not need that pedal and it would only get used in 1 song in the bands set (Is Vic there ? - by  Dept S)

b) I really need that pedal .... and a Reverend Club King guitar .

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    I'm sure the Strymon Timeline could do most of those sounds too :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • I'm sure the Strymon Timeline could do most of those sounds too :)
    but in a smug way whilst using the left side of its brain?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    ...nice bit of Portishead...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>