Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

TheFretboard "Cool Wall'

What's Hot

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5199
    edited December 2014
    Yep Angry Angus number 5 in what I call 'dodgy Relic' finish. It's so cool I have to wear thermal gloves to hold it!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    For the jury. Obviously I think they're all cool, but I can understand a lot not liking the StratSG

http://juansolo.co.uk/misc/Guitars/family.jpg

Mustang to follow when I've finished modding it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    blueskunk said:
    He or she lies i tell you , lies.

And there's the confirmation of coolness. I win. :D

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wow there is some seriously dubious taste on this forum!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • You don't get much more sub-zero than '58 and '59 Les Pauls. Whack a patent pending early Bigsby on there. Oh gosh. It's like dropping 3 ice cubes in your best undies and playing a guitar solo on top of a mountain with the breeze blowing back your hair (note: this pose requires a reasonable amount of hair, and balls...) 

That's how cool these are:

except that the Bigsby makes it dreadfully uncool
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • alanbass1alanbass1 Frets: 108
    edited January 2016

I just love telecasters, so here are mine for the cool wall:

My '56 GVCG Tele (with original '55 bridge and no name kluson's):

My DeTemple Spirit '52

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretKingFretKing Frets: 53
    edited December 2014
    Does my Tylerbastar qualify in the coolness stakes ?????
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    juansolo said:
    For the jury. Obviously I think they're all cool, but I can understand a lot not liking the StratSG

man...second from the left...tele that wants to be a strat...love that one! what is it??
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    alanbass1 said:

I just love telecasters, so here are mine for the cool wall:

My '56 Tele (all original except one tuner and I currently have straplocks fitted):

You've just won the forum.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FretKing said:
    GET THIS MAN TO THE FRIDGE.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretKing said:
    GET THIS MAN TO THE FRIDGE.
    I thought you keep Fab ice lollies in the Freezer?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    edited December 2014
    imageimageimage.

Sure this divides opinion but I love it and I still can't believe I've refrained from a Bigsby for fear of overkill on coolness!
  • I also like my Gibson '59 Re-issue which I got when based in the US. It just had the coolest top (to my eyes anyway):

edited December 2014
    samzadgan said:
    juansolo said:

man...second from the left...tele that wants to be a strat...love that one! what is it??
    A WezV creation, Stratele. It's a hybid. Body is actually strat shaped but with a tele upper bout. Flat top too, but has the gut cut. Has a cut down tele 3 saddle bridge and tele bridge pup (BKP BGF52), the rest of it is strat (BKP Irish tours). Wiring is a super switch so it's got the tele B+N available. English walnut top, alder back IIRC. Oil finished. One of my favourite things.

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    juansolo said:
    samzadgan said:
    juansolo said:

A WezV creation, Stratele. It's a hybid. Body is actually strat shaped but with a tele upper bout. Flat top too, but has the gut cut. Has a cut down tele 3 saddle bridge and tele bridge pup (BKP BGF52), the rest of it is strat (BKP Irish tours). Wiring is a super switch so it's got the tele B+N available. English walnut top, alder back IIRC. Oil finished. One of my favourite things.

absolutely georgous!
  • juansolo;461178" said:
    samzadgan said:

juansolo said:

http://juansolo.co.uk/misc/Guitars/stratele-1.jpg
    That wez chap knows a thing or two about creating awesome instruments, doesn't he?

I love the carved top strat. Very classy. Although I'd have a strat trem or a hard tail strat bridge, which I think would elevate it into being rather cool.
  • tbmtbm Frets: 585
    Deijavoo said:
    That tiny little amp making such a noise. Wonderful.
    I love Sparhawks tone. Seeing Retribution Gospel Choir a few years ago was am epochal moment for me. Insanely full, fuzzy and warm guitar noise. He's a beautifully simple and effective songwriter too.  

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Absolutely agree. RGC are superb.

I reckon I account for about 12'000 of the 12'612 plays on this:

Retribution Gospel Choir - Take Your Time (Rock T…:
    edited December 2014

That wez chap knows a thing or two about creating awesome instruments, doesn't he? 

I love the carved top strat. Very classy. Although I'd have a strat trem or a hard tail strat bridge, which I think would elevate it into being rather cool.
    That was my fault, I wanted a mahogany bodied super strat with a wraparound and HH layout. The body is quite thin and when he carved the top also, I realised it had become a SG/Strat mash-up. Again, I love it, but of all I can see it being the most love it or hate it of them.

Here it is covered in mucky paw prints