So, Klones... Anyone had any experience of this one?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited January 2015
    Well indeed, they are repairable, but agreed, if you had a stash of them, you wouldn't bother.

Realistically if you're looking to just build a one off, it'll cost you a lot more than £15 to make one... That'd just about cover the price of the PCB. For the poodle pedal kit, with all the parts and a box to put it in, it's £47. Which is quite reasonable.

FWIW, buying the parts bulk and selectively yourself, It'll still only break down to about £35 a pedal. Again, £10 for the PCB, £7 for a box, £3 for a shitty stomp, then the knobs, jacks, pots, yadda. The hardware is the vast majority of that cost. The actual components that go onto the board don't count for for very much at all if you buy bulk. Even the good stuff.

But once again, trying to value something based on it's component parts is missing the point somewhat. You don't do that with houses, cars, guitars, well anything else. Not sure why it's so often done with pedals...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markjmarkj Frets: 923
    Just got my Rockett Archer. Only had ten mins with it  at the moment, but everything sounds superb. Will give it a thorough try out when my wife Isn't not in.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheCountTheCount Frets: 274
    markj said:
    Just got my Rockett Archer. Only had ten mins with it  at the moment, but everything sounds superb. Will give it a thorough try out when my wife Isn't not in.
    Are you Welsh by any chance?  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom