Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Positivity time! How has 2014 been good for you?

What's Hot
For me: 

Applying to, getting accepted by, and starting university. It was tough going for the first term, but it came together eventually. I have much needed direction and purpose in life now.

Getting back in contact with my mum. I stopped talking to her for good reason, but it's the past. I've regained a supportive voice and encouragement that was lacking in the last few years (a time during which my ego got trampled).

Becoming independent. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm learning to depend on myself and learning that I'm pretty great really.
My V key is broken
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Good thread! And great first post.

For me 2014 kicked the arse of 2013.

Got a job at a decent company with a great team, after 11 months of unemployment.
    Took MrsF to New York and she loved it. Major relief as it means it's both of us wanting to go back now and not just me.
    Got another cat. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It was a lot better than 2013...

I got my health back to a reasonable degree (not 100% but functioning) and am working full time again, considering that 2013 saw me wind up on long term sick due to a viral condition brought about by stress at work - left me with dizzy spells and chronic fatigue...

I also got married in 2014 and saw a lot more of my family than the previous year - I missed birthdays and all sorts due to illness...
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10431
    Finally getting a diagnosis for my persistent upper oesophagus issues.Put up with it for years but after finally getting off my arse this year to go see a doctor and getting referred to our local hospital they diagnosed me with Achalasia ( after my doctor falsely diagnosed me with GERD) http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/achalasia/Pages/Introduction.aspx&rct=j&q=achalasia&ei=4FWiVI_1CMv6UI-9gbgL&usg=AFQjCNEkh7rngH5CCsALCvHvp3KCioohXQ&sig2=gIpWZnJeKRwNwwVZ_--U0g&bvm=bv.82001339,d.d24

This is all totally positive because I can now have an operation which should cure it completely,massively improving my quality of life.Just wish I hadn't left it so long.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Got Engaged!

:)

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lexie1Lexie1 Frets: 135
    The Positives were in very short supply for us this year having to contend with horrific health issues for Carol in particular, but, we survived. :) Getting to meet a few forumites in person when doing deals was a highlight too.

Really looking forward to 2015 and wish you all the vey best whatever you might be doing.
    :)>-
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    congratulations :)

I joined a gym in town and reclaimed my lunchtimes. Pretty pedestrian huh?! :)

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2100
    Not so good....but looking forward to a positive 2015.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Started not great, with health issues, and having surgery.

Improved a bit.

Better things to come in 2015.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17934
    tFB Trader
    2014 was ace

New baby boy and a new band.
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    2014 is going to be a land mark year for me as tomorrow, 27 years after buying my first house, I will pay my mortgage off - and thus have more beer tokens and GAS funds. Yay!
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 2014 was a great year.

I had the birth of my second son, got engaged, learnt to sing and front my band and various other stuff. Even Arsenal managed to win something which was a shock. Also managed to get out of my old covers band... I will never do that again. 

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Nope, pretty much blew it this year
    All practice and no theory
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Had a baby boy. Pretty ace year, really.
    Use Your Brian
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UPPERS
    stayed in gainful employment, mostly doing things I like and am good at
    joined a band, after 6 weeks we have nearly 2 sets of giggable covers together
    bought a guitar from @Gassage, it is rapidly becoming the one I go to
    DOWNERS
    the "studio" has not yet recovered from the house move in Dec 13, most of it is still in cardboard boxes
    the band rehearses in a place that would have been a lot easier to get to from my previous address
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    My little boy was born :D and he is sat 5 and a bit months later with me watching pedal demos with a smile. The fiancée is the perfect mother which helps a lot as I'm still pretty new to lecturing.
    @MtB congrats on paying off your mortgage.

Must be a great feeling.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paid off mortgage. Did a fair bit of travelling about. Went to the pub a lot. Started a couple of new hobbies.

Hmm...not much of note really. I suppose the main thing is that nothing particularly sh*t happened.

• MtBMtB Frets: 922
    @breakstuff - thanks for that. I know some of what you are going through as I attended hospital this year for a barium meal (!) as I have been having similar issues. This has been diagnosed as a reflux problem - I fairly often get a "repeat" of vomit after I've eaten (which the valve in the gullet is supposed to stop). The main downside is that the acid that comes back attacks my vocal chords - giving me a permanently croaky voice.  
    edited December 2014
    Yeah mate,it's a crap condition.Quite debilitating because it's worse at night so it can effect my sleep quite badly.I don't get the problems with acid but that sounds horrible.

Here's to a problem free 2015 for us both.

Hope your health issues improve too @mike_l
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    edited December 2014
    holnrew said:
    and learning that I'm pretty great really.
    You could be biased???    ;)

15 months free of throat cancer. Been a great year.
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom