Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

RotM #6 - Chat

What's Hot

Comments

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Mmm...well.....err...at least its exactly as you described it in your last post 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    edited January 2015
    I know it is, but like I said. Its the only way I could get myself to accept a recording. My ROTM submission will be a load better... I hope.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • Hi everyone, just emailed off my first submission to ROTM. Well done everyone so far. There's not one I don't like or haven't listened too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4983
    I have emailed my first ever recording [if you count using a Smartphone a recorder!] to this months riff competition.  The riff itself is way longer than the 30 seconds allowed so the submitted riff might sound a bit squashed but so what.  It is the best that I could do.  Strat into a clean amp with no pedals.  I hope to write words for the full riff but inspiration has dried up post Christmas.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Rocker;474313" said:
    I have emailed my first ever recording [if you count using a Smartphone a recorder!] to this months riff competition.  The riff itself is way longer than the 30 seconds allowed so the submitted riff might sound a bit squashed but so what.  It is the best that I could do.  Strat into a clean amp with no pedals.  I hope to write words for the full riff but inspiration has dried up post Christmas.
    The new time limit is now 50 seconds due to popular demand
    Old Is Gold
    Hi everyone, just emailed off my first submission to ROTM. Well done everyone so far. There's not one I don't like or haven't listened too.
    I think everyone should make a comment on all entries.....ensures everyone gets some feedback.

Can you do that on soundcloud?   I think so.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • spark240 said:
    Hi everyone, just emailed off my first submission to ROTM. Well done everyone so far. There's not one I don't like or haven't listened too.
    I think everyone should make a comment on all entries.....ensures everyone gets some feedback.

Can you do that on soundcloud?   I think so.
    I'm totally up for that. I reckon doing it in forum rather than on the soundcloud is a better bet though
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Awesome we now have the most submissios of any of the riff challenges so far
    Old Is Gold
  • Here is the recording/gear info for anyone interested in my riff:

Gear / Recording info:

Tokai SG thru Orange 10 watt practice amp into Logic which then went to five different tracks for processing. Mainly distortions and bit of pitch and whammy.

I'm not much of a drummer but did my best as I see other entries feature drums and it does make the accompanying riff sound 'better'.

These where done with a dd-305 digital drum module. First time I've used it actually.

That's about it. The riff is in Dropped D ie DADGBE.

Thanks.
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    Just e mailed my effort I used my godin icon through Tonestack on my I pad (in a Alesis io dock)and also the drum jam app. i,m happy to hear anybody's opinion good or bad
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    edited January 2015
    Only the first thirty seconds was meant to be on there, consider the rest a not very well hidden bonus track  :P
    Ok,...so I'm tempted to comment on all tracks...is there any way set up to do this, or do I need to type in all the names and then comment?  

Or maybe when the vote thread comes?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    spark240;475657" said:
    Ok,...so I'm tempted to comment on all tracks...is there any way set up to do this, or do I need to type in all the names and then comment?  

Or maybe when the vote thread comes?
    I think just add comments as part of your vote
  • That's what I'm gonna do
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Or comment on the tracks through sound cloud, surprised that no one has done this yet.
    Old Is Gold
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27523
    Or comment on the tracks through sound cloud, surprised that no one has done this yet.
    Keeping comments in one place (here) would make it easier to keep track of them, and build the discussion.  Plus it stays "between us" ...

But comments would definitely be good.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Will post mine Sunday, I can't be bothered tonight and I'm out tomorrow. 

However, it'll be my first ROTM recorded on my PRS-y guitar. Which is rather exciting, I decided I'd have a crack at doing the nut myself, and tuning stability has gone from horrific to okay, certainly enough for ROTM.  Hoping I can have it fully functioning soon, and I'll have done my first successful nut :)
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    edited January 2015
    I managed to resist fiddling with my nuts for this one. I meant nuts cos I recorded the guitar and bass you filthy minded buggers!!!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Just sent mine in folks :)