Wah again - Opinions of CryBaby 95Q please

2»

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Oh ignore me then. I'm talking out my ring piece! Could've sworn I read on the MXR website that they use buffers in everything.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    edited January 2015

if youve got the cash - this should be last wah you buy http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/mc404-cae-wah- it isnt switchless but its true bypass , has a boost , has lights for on off ,n choice of inductors , smooth action... and if you get it at a decent s/h price then resale shouldnt be an issue if you dont like it  - Ive had a 535Q , 95Q and the Tremonti - and theyve all been sold within months ... I still have the 404

• Thanks again.  Think it's best to leave it for a bit and see if I can find a few to have a play with - I thought I knew what I wanted but now I'm really not sure...  buffered/unbuffered, auto-on/switched, modern/classic...  the Boss will do me for the time being!

BTW, the only MXR pedal I've got is the Carbon Copy, and that's definitely unbuffered (true bypass) because it will let signal through in the off position even with no power.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72922
    DartmoorHedgehog said:

BTW, the only MXR pedal I've got is the Carbon Copy, and that's definitely unbuffered (true bypass) because it will let signal through in the off position even with no power.
    That proves it's not buffered, but not that it's true bypass. Half-bypass pedals pass signal when off with no power too.

(I think it is true bypass though... can't remember for sure.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3012
    JMP220478 said:

if youve got the cash - this should be last wah you buy http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/mc404-cae-wah- it isnt switchless but its true bypass , has a boost , has lights for on off ,n choice of inductors , smooth action... and if you get it at a decent s/h price then resale shouldnt be an issue if you dont like it  - Ive had a 535Q , 95Q and the Tremonti - and theyve all been sold within months ... I still have the 404

I'm with Phil on this one, myself and @Travisthedog went through a bit of a Wah odyssey a couple of years back. I started at a Tremonti, went through about 12-15 different wahs which as well as the ones I tried out in shops included buying or borrowing a 595Q, a 95Q, a Weeping Demon, an Ernie Ball Wah, a couple of George Dennis's, a Coloursound and an AMT Japanese Girl. I nearly stuck at a Gig FX Frampton MegaWah which was an awesome piece of kit and featured the auto off facility but ultimately tried the CAE404 and haven't even't thought about changing it since. Bloody love it
  • Amen brother - all other wahs are dead to me since I got the CAE
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    AFAIK, and I could be talking shit here, the CAE wah and the 535Q are not too disimilar sonically. For me it was a toss up between the two when I got bored with my Budda wah. I went 535Q because I got one shipped from America for £70!!