Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

When haircuts go wrong

What's Hot

You know when you're cutting your own hair with clippers, and you do a #4 and it looks ok. But you think 'hey I've missed a bit, I'll tidy it up' so you go for a 2nd pass not realising the grader had come off the clippers, so you end up with a grade #0. Yeah that.

Great time of year to have hair like an egg.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Pics or it didn't etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    At least you've a choice :(

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    HA, now you know how I feel year round.........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Been there, done that!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24680
    edited January 2015
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    I feel your chilly pain. I've had long hair for 20+ years and had a drunken #0 on NYE. I had to buy a hat at the weekend to protect my ghoulish blue scalp.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    What manner of mischief is that?

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Pics or it didn't etc

Yeah sure. Like I said yeah sure to my mrs when she wanted to put pics on facebook of my inverted Mohawk / landing strip.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I used to grade 0 my hair every couple weeks until a year or so ago utility hair-cut, you might end up keeping it. I now have a 'ponces' quiff, the skinhead may come back in summer-bloody cold on the head this time of year

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

What manner of mischief is that?

It's a circular clipper so you can run it all over your head in any direction. It comes with a smaller normal clipper to get close enough to the ears.

Half price at Boots at the moment.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24474
    Attention all men who think they can save a few quid and cut their own hair with clippers / hairlicopters ((c) EmpFab) :-)  Yes, you can save money but you'll look like a twat.

I know loads of blokes who cut their own hair in this way and they all look like twats.

Stop being tightarses and get down the barbers and get it done properly so you don't have your friends, family and colleagues secretly laughing at you behind your back.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    Emp_Fab said:
    Attention all men who think they can save a few quid and cut their own hair with clippers / hairlicopters ((c) EmpFab) :-)  Yes, you can save money but you'll look like a twat.

I know loads of blokes who cut their own hair in this way and they all look like twats.

Stop being tightarses and get down the barbers and get it done properly so you don't have your friends, family and colleagues secretly laughing at you behind your back.
    You calling me a twat?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:

You calling me a twat?
    To be fair.... I don't think he said you are a twat.... he just said you look like a twat.
    ;)
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Emp_Fab said:
    As long as it's behind my back I have no problem with it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Emp_Fab said:

I can do a better job than the barber. Last time I went they didn't even clean the clippers from the last bloke either. They're in more of a hurry to get to the next customer and don't know the way my hair lies. I also have 3mm clipper blades which cut better than clippers with a #1 guard.
    My V key is broken
  • holnrew said:
    I can do a better job than the barber. They're in more of a hurry... and don't know the way my hair lies.
    My hair may tell the odd fib... but nothing major... wouldn't accuse it of lying, as such. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15644
    mrs f has done my hair for the last 15 years (4 on top, 2 B&S, banter optional, she knows feck all about football but neither do I so I guess it evens out, we're both a bit more informed on zombie apocalypse survival strategies though). One advantage of having crap hair (and little of it) is it's easy to make look neat. Don't think I'd want to try it myself though.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15644
    Emp_Fab said:
    As long as it's behind my back I have no problem with it.
    good point, at least with emp we can all laugh at him to his face.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

To be honest cutting your own hair with clippers is not difficult. Not difficult at all in fact. Just remember to make sure that the grader doesn't fall off mid-cut.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It is really easy to do a universal length buzz cut on your own hair.  I did a no 3 all over for years.  You just need someone you trust to do the back of your neck if you're the hairy type and you're sorted.

But as Decker has discovered - check you've actually got the guard on first!