Hotone British Invasion Amp - review, issues and now perfect!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12694
    They shouldn't - there was a running change order during the early production batches.

The adaptor is very easy to spot though. The original style one is a wall- wart. The revised one is a rectangular trailing unit, much like that you get with a lap top.

If you do have a noisy PSU, getting a replacement will be no problem. The distributor, Music Psyche, tell me they are checking all their stocks in their warehouse and all those with the old PSU will have them changed. Having seen correspondence with Hotone, they are ordering large quantities of replacements so that they can deal with any issues.

Rest assured, it's getting fixed!! :-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 634
    These look really interesting - any idea how they compare with the Mooer mini amps?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12694
    No idea. Not heard them!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• carloscarlos Frets: 3484
    Likely will be getting the Fender-like one that's come out.
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited January 2015
    Likely will be getting the Fender-like one that's come out.
    Is there a Fender model?

I've only seen the Plexi, AC30 and Mesa models

EDIT: Just seen it :) Thomann have them in stock

would be great if they did one that did classic fender cleans
  • dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139

interesting. they do several different models, one said to be a fender tweed. does anyone have experience of the others?

• impmann said:
    To conclude on this - I have now got one of the updated power supplies from the distributor. And it's TOTALLY solved the hum issues.

So now I have a stupendous home recording amp that has great AC30-like characteristics and zero background noise. I love it - and would heartily recommend one to anyone. Both the distributor and the manufacturer have been greatly supportive and have really gone the extra mile to sort this out for me.

Buy one. They are great. But they are even better with the new power supply.
    Thanks for keeping us updated on this. Thought these sounded like a really good idea but was put off because whenever I looked for reviews the hum was always mentioned as a major problem. Looking here they have 5 models plus a special cabinet currently out.

Biyang & Caline pedals plus other inexpensive gear:

SpartanMusic.co.uk

• dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
    found some info on their website which says the amps can be powered with 9v, although 18v is recommended "to get the best sound and dynamics". Just bought one s/h from the bay so will see what turns up; looks like it has the wall wart supply so may need replacing. Been listening to videos and it does sound rather good